Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

mastodonde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i am a bit of new player on gateway and i was referer of someone to go into cfw (to back up my savefile from smash )because , at the moment i am in gateway , and i have a save file on smash(its a retail card i have ) in the sysnand , but dont work anymore after i reformated my sd card and the 3ds (so i can unlink emunand from sysnand ) and he demand an update , and i wanted to tranfer the savedata from sysnand to emunand to be able to play again and not lossing my savefile (and be able to play online . But now i really dont know how i can tranfer savedata with cfw since its only installing cia file without gateway and that are fimrwave 4.5 or below or i am really just confusing. or if is another way i must do to get up the savefile

P.S. Sorry for my english its not really good

slg1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have this problem

Boot CFW with L held -> Home menu, failed to connect (I have right IP)
Boot CFW with L held -> Home menu -> Internet Browser -> hit search -> crash

Help

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have this problem

Boot CFW with L held -> Home menu, failed to connect (I have right IP)
Boot CFW with L held -> Home menu -> Internet Browser -> hit search -> crash

Help

everything normal, keep trying.

You should try to remove every firewall from PC/router and disable the Antivirus.

Non ti arrendere. :lol:

Reactions: slg1986

oogawooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question do i have to run rop loader for every attempt to get cfw started? or do i just go straight to ds profile after running homebrew 4x once. also ive tried holding L all the way through and it never gets me to cfw and yes it did flash. when i tap it, it does get me to cfw, but i cannot install the cia because it keeps failing

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quick question do i have to run rop loader for every attempt to get cfw started? or do i just go straight to ds profile after running homebrew 4x once. also ive tried holding L all the way through and it never gets me to cfw and yes it did flash. when i tap it, it does get me to cfw, but i cannot install the cia because it keeps failing

Once you have the DS profile exploit installed (I guess this is what the rop loader does) you only have to use DS profile to boot the cfw - unless you run a DS or DSi game which apparently removes the DS profile exploit until you reinstall it.

Depending on your SD card, it can take many tries to boot into cfw. Even when the white screen flashes on the bottom, you may occasionally still fail to boot into cfw. AFAIK you do need to hold L when pressing DS profile to boot into the cfw mode that allows you to install .cias over the network (i.e. devmenu or open source alternatives). This mode is unstable though, and once you get devmenu installed you shouldn't hold L any more. Good luck.

iKaran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I'm new to the 3ds scene, I've just menaged to install Palatines cfw on my 3ds. so take that into consideration.

Is it possible to install emunand on Palatine cfw, and then install 7.x encrypted games? If this is possible, is there any good and reliable tutorial on this?

oogawooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have the DS profile exploit installed (I guess this is what the rop loader does) you only have to use DS profile to boot the cfw - unless you run a DS or DSi game which apparently removes the DS profile exploit until you reinstall it.

Depending on your SD card, it can take many tries to boot into cfw. Even when the white screen flashes on the bottom, you may occasionally still fail to boot into cfw. AFAIK you do need to hold L when pressing DS profile to boot into the cfw mode that allows you to install .cias over the network (i.e. devmenu or open source alternatives). This mode is unstable though, and once you get devmenu installed you shouldn't hold L any more. Good luck.

I got at least 14 double white flashes so far but it never boots to home screen. If i were to add up this method combined with the older guides it would be about at least 50 double white flashes already sigh..

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got at least 14 double white flashes so far but it never boots to home screen. If i were to add up this method combined with the older guides it would be about at least 50 double white flashes already sigh..

Double white flashes? When I successfully boot into cfw I get only a single white flash - the bottom screen turns white, and then blank, and then a few seconds later the top screen goes from blue to blank and cfw boots.

Do you have any other SD cards you can try? Apparently some people have had no luck with 1 SD card, then tried another with success.
Other than that the only thing I can think of is to try the steps over again, making sure you didn't miss somehow miss anything or that you didn't somehow get a corrupt file or some fluke occurrence like that.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Bad sd or you inject a GW emunand istead of the CFW one.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've installed successfully the CFW on my 4.5E 3ds.
When I turn into it (white then black screen) it load the home menu, and I am on the CFW.
The problem is that if I wait to load the DevMenu, when I load it, my console freeze and have to switch my console off and then launch again the CFW.
Earlier I've install 2 cia games with the DevMenu, they works glad but I've switch off the console and from now impossible to load them again, the console freeze...
I can also see the 3 cia files (2 games and devmenu) on my sysnand but can't be launched (download the app again on the eShop).
What about that please ? I don't really understand why this not work ._.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed successfully the CFW on my 4.5E 3ds.
When I turn into it (white then black screen) it load the home menu, and I am on the CFW.
The problem is that if I wait to load the DevMenu, when I load it, my console freeze and have to switch my console off and then launch again the CFW.
Earlier I've install 2 cia games with the DevMenu, they works glad but I've switch off the console and from now impossible to load them again, the console freeze...
I can also see the 3 cia files (2 games and devmenu) on my sysnand but can't be launched (download the app again on the eShop).
What about that please ? I don't really understand why this not work ._.

I'm pretty sure you are still launching CFW by holding the L button. Stop holding the L button, it puts CFW into a buggy mode that is only good for installing cias over local network with ctrclient.

(I made the same mistake when I first installed CFW...most of the guides don't tell you to stop holding the L button when pressing DS profile)

And you can't play the .cias on your sysNAND because they are not properly signed and need to have signature checks patched out (which cfw does).

IgraBIT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Перепрошить бы все картриджи под разные игры, есть подобная тема на форуме об этом? Есть хоть какая то надежда на перепрошивку картриджа?
77a7b4d34d63.jpg

r3nk0

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm pretty sure you are still launching CFW by holding the L button. Stop holding the L button, it puts CFW into a buggy mode that is only good for installing cias over local network with ctrclient.

(I made the same mistake when I first installed CFW...most of the guides don't tell you to stop holding the L button when pressing DS profile)

And you can't play the .cias on your sysNAND because they are not properly signed and need to have signature checks patched out (which cfw does).

..But if I were to install only 100% legit CIA's to sysNAND, could I then deinstall the CFW afterwards and enjoy those games as if they were bundled with my console in the first place..?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Перепрошить бы все картриджи под разные игры, есть подобная тема на форуме об этом? Есть хоть какая то надежда на перепрошивку картриджа?
using google translate to read your question, no, you cannot reflash a retail game with a different game.....i guess those fell off the back of a lorry, good luck shifting them

Reactions: Loaffy

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..But if I were to install only 100% legit CIA's to sysNAND, could I then deinstall the CFW afterwards and enjoy those games as if they were bundled with my console in the first place..?

I believe so, but you need to install them with PBT-cfw instead of the regular Palentine cfw. I haven't actually tested but AFAIK that should work - though of course you'd still need to update your sysNAND for games that have 6.x/7.x encryption. I think I read posts about this exact idea in the PBT-cfw thread or another thread here, perhaps you can find those posts for some more information with google or gbatemp's search box.

r3nk0

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe so, but you need to install them with PBT-cfw instead of the regular Palentine cfw. I haven't actually tested but AFAIK that should work - though of course you'd still need to update your sysNAND for games that have 6.x/7.x encryption. I think I read posts about this exact idea in the PBT-cfw thread or another thread here, perhaps you can find those posts for some more information with google or gbatemp's search box.

Well, regarding legit CIA's, as far as I know
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Special Edition
AND Super Mario 3D Land
are all playable under 4.2-4.5 FW

EDIT: Whoopsy.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, regarding legit CIA's, as far as I know

I think all those games should work, though I've only personally played AC:NL, MH3U, and NSMB2 on my 4.5 cfw. Mario & Luigi Dream Team also works and has a legit .cia and is a game I personally enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill