Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know that your title.db that is form your 3DS is encrypted , you need first decrypted it , and then you can do things with it.

Yep, That is the only thing on how to work out how to do is decrypt the title.db and import.db ?, are is this not possible ...

import.db might be better to edit as it transfers the information from to the import to the title .

Cheers

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you mean by formatting your CFW it also formats your sysnand as well, then no, formatting your emunand will not touch your sysnand. Or if you mean that formatting your emunand will separate your nands, then yes.
To 'separate' your nands you need to format your sysnand.
Even doing a system format on the CFW will jusr delete all applications on the SD but won't create new IDs since it won't touch the sysnand's files.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try again.

I've done it hundreds of times. Sometimes the bottom screen is black, but most times just white. I can't try another SD becasue the one big one I have is broken and I can't find the stupid adapter I've seen millions of times just laying around, but when I need it it's fucking gone.

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it hundreds of times. Sometimes the bottom screen is black, but most times just white. I can't try another SD becasue the one big one I have is broken and I can't find the stupid adapter I've seen millions of times just laying around, but when I need it it's fucking gone.

EmuNAND is not installed properly

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To 'separate' your nands you need to format your sysnand.
Even doing a system format on the CFW will jusr delete all applications on the SD but won't create new IDs since it won't touch the sysnand's files.
Wrong. Every nand has its own unique id.(the long digit filenames under the "Nintendo 3DS" directory.) When you format the nand, the id changes. Since your emunand came from your sysnand it shares the same id. When you format the emunand, it reassigns itself a new id, then when you plug your sd card into the formatted emunand, it creates a new directory in the "3ds" dir and leaves your sysnand directory alone.

CalebW hope you could help me here ?, since you are looking good at commands.

Can anyone help me figure out a command's for looking into my title.db ? , can't find any command's on web at all.

Assuming it could generate the 3ds title.db / titledb file's ?

Thought it may have been extdata_tool -listdb extdata title.db save.?

Attached tool, thanks in advance .

Give me some command to try ?, and I'll give it a go ;)
Well, I've never messed with the 3ds datebase files, so I don't really know anything about them, but you will need to make sure they are decrypted using the SD_Decrypter in this forum(but you might not be able to do that if you separated your nands...don't know why)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably this, check out my Palantine CFW Setup Guide for proper installation instructions, assuming you're having trouble using another guide. Link is in my signature.

Well, I tried all that, funny thing is the guide on the first page is missing a crucial step and the .bat file. But anyway, 20 tries later and it still isn't working.

Edit: Is a shitty SD card possibly to blame for it not loading at all? I've done everything right, formatted emunand over 9000 times with gateway launcher, ran it through the .bat file, injected with emunand tool, made a virgin sacrifice, killed 14 goats and pissed on Abraham Lincoln's grave. This motherfucker just refuses to boot, and this goddamn blue and white screen is making so mad I could just break this 3DS right in half and say fuck it all.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I tried all that, funny thing is the guide on the first page is missing a crucial step and the .bat file. But anyway, 20 tries later and it still isn't working.
I personally recommend doing three things. First, reinstall the exploit with your NDS Flashcart. Next, unscrew the back-plate of your 3DS for easy access to the battery. And finally, try to run the exploit again and again. Each time it doesn't boot, just pull the battery and try again. If it fails more than 15 times in a row through doing this, then it's almost guaranteed that your NAND hasn't been injected or dumped correctly. Rebuild the NAND by formatting your SD(HC/XD) with the official SD Formatter utility, found in the link below.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

And make sure that you click the option button, and in the "FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT" drop-down box, select "YES". Then click format, and reinstall your EmuNAND with the Gateway EmuNAND installer. Just extract your new EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool, drop it on the CFW batch file, and inject the CFW_NAND.bin file with EmuNAND Tool again. That should fix any potential issues with your EmuNAND image, and should let the CFW successfully boot up.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

What GW launcher you are using on the microsd? Try diferent ROP. Try using GW or using Hombrew rop.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey what size should your nand.bin be? Mine is 943 MB. The resulting emunand.bin and cfw_nand are the same size too. Also, used gateway launcher to boot into classic mode emunand, and it worked, so that must mean I set it up right, doesn't it?

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have someone around here tried installing a .cia of Monster Hunter 4 or Monster Hunter 4G?

I want to know if all games can be installed by this method, or at least those ones since I want to be able to transfer the save from MH4 to MH4G, and I think I can do it with one of the games installed on the 3DS while the other one being a card2 game, I still have to know to do both things, but at least I want to try to have a starting point...

oh and another thing: I read somewhere in a thread from here that .cia seems to be generic and works for all 3DS, is that really the case?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year