PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Opium, have you heard any reports that they will stop upgrading the U-Disk Manager for the G6 (Slot-2)? Updates for the U-Disk Manager are crucial, unlike the Loader.

No, no reports. I'm just speculating that they wont release any updates. Maybe they will continue to update the manager but not the loader.

When I asked the team about loader 4.6D in English they pretty much pretended it didn't exist.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
No, no reports. I'm just speculating that they wont release any updates. Maybe they will continue to update the manager but not the loader.

When I asked the team about loader 4.6D in English they pretty much pretended it didn't exist.
That sucks. The G6 DS looks pretty sweet but I worry they might stop supporting that a few months after release too.

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. The G6 DS looks pretty sweet but I worry they might stop supporting that a few months after release too.
I haven't really been keeping up with the Slot-1 cards lately, but I would assume that if it supports clean ROMS (no patching), updates really won't be necessary. I'm just curious to see what the price will be w/ 2GB of internal memory.

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42742 all the current slot 1 devices use patching, even if it's hidden, and thus might need updating in the future. I don't know if G6 DS will be the same.
Thanks for the link, pelago... it seems I missed that news. That is definitely unfortunate, and I hope that the G6 DS will not be the same. Of course, why would the manufacturers want us to have a completely future-proof(non-relient on updates) solution?
wink.gif
I'm totally happy with my G6L now, and I hope that G6 continues to provide us with updates.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could live with them not updating the loader anymore, as long as they continue keeping the manager up to date in terms of game compatibility. It sure would be nice though if they put out english 4.6D before they quit and have the slowdown problems of C eliminated. If they stop updating the manager for compatibility with new games I'd never buy a product from them again.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I suggest that anyone that wants loader 4.6D in english email Danny at:

danny [at] cn.g6flash.com (replace [at] with @ and remove spaces)

Perhaps if he gets asked about it enough they'll release it. I don't know about you but that menu speed increase sure would be handy. If it doesn't get released your G6 will always be that slow unless you go back to a previous version.

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 4.6D Loader is not big deal.  The menu's are sortable but it doesn't save your sorts so you would have to reset them each time....and  I don't.
Hmm... if it doesn't save the sort, that seems pretty worthless. If the only other change is the brightness setting (does that save?
laugh.gif
) and fixed speed, I see no point in "upgrading."

I wish they'd release a final loader (4.7) with the ability to save the sort and a totally revised GBA menu (the current one is a POS). I can dream, can't I?
wink2.gif
tongue.gif

Solver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they drop the g6 support i know what slot1 card i won't buy for sure.
I too am very disappointed that support for the G6 is waning. One of the best things about the G6 was the high level of compatibility.

My problem is that I like both DS games and GBA games. (1) Do the slot 1 cards allow you to play GBA games?

For both DS and GBA games, I want maximum compatibility, drag and drop (if it exists), memory card support (as long as it maintains compatibility), and the usual homebrew support. (2) Any recommendations?

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
yeah, i knew looking GBA menu, tho not a must, would be nice, cus it sucks
But meh, i only use the G6L for GBA now, so no updates dont bother me
tho i can understand why every1s pissed about it

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's no threat. it's just how i make my decisions. quite simple.
DS flashcarts are serious business!
blink.gif

EDIT:

I suggest that anyone that wants loader 4.6D in english email Danny at:

danny [at] cn.g6flash.com  (replace [at] with @ and remove spaces)

Perhaps if he gets asked about it enough they'll release it. I don't know about you but that menu speed increase sure would be handy. If it doesn't get released your G6 will always be that slow unless you go back to a previous version.
Agreed. I went ahead and just shot off an e-mail asking about the English 4.6D Loader; it would be great if others did the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated