i thought Acekard2i team are very fast

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but since the last 2 patches, they have not been very quick with their release. That said, at this point in time, it is more likely than not that Nintendo's latest move will not be patchable. So far only 3 cards have been confirmed to be able to do so and Acekard is not one of them.

tl;dr Do NOT update your 3DS if you want to continue using your Acekard.

harkiniam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 Oh my god its all over i'm never playing ds games again acekard is so dead it even killed my cat by death-osmosis..(Repeat that at each update ad infinitum)

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard team have historically been rapid to respond with a patch when a new Nintendo update blocks their flashcart.
However, you can only do so much with software, and with the advent of 4.40-10 this latest update may require additional hardware for many flashcarts to remain functional.

While this may herald the end of the current generation of flashcarts, it will also hasten the development of next generation flashcarts like the Supercard DS2.

The future is still looking bright and I believe that we will see great things coming down the pike shortly.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to point out that "Nintendo's newest AP" is still pure conjuncture as of today, plus, even if it's the real deal, everything depends on whether or not low-level ROM of the FPGA is accessible on Acekards. Time will tell.

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't really look good for the Acekard team.
While they are usually pretty slow with patches, it looks like Nintendo's last stand on the flashcard market is going to hold.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying its impossible, just not very likely, I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Personally planning to buy an R4i Gold or SCDS2 in the next few weeks, gonna miss my AK2i though, used that thing for ages.

larazonclara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well there goes the value of my acekard2i :( should I bite the bullet and buy an R4 or does anyone here have any hope of Acekard coming out with a miraculous patch?

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
every time acekard.com do the same, they take a lot time to propose a firmware solution,
so people who have an acekard 2i know what append when nintendo launch a new firmware for their DSi or 3DS,
they need to wait 4 to 8 weeks before get a firmware for their AK2i !!!

So why we see all the time people said: i will buy an R4i, i will do that... i will do this... :moogle:

But why wee need to wait so long all the time = i really dont know ! :P

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time acekard.com do the same, they take a lot time to propose a firmware solution,
so people who have an acekard 2i know what append when nintendo launch a new firmware for their DSi or 3DS,
they need to wait 4 to 8 weeks before get a firmware for their AK2i !!!

So why we see all the time people said: i will buy an R4i, i will do that... i will do this... :moogle:

But why wee need to wait so long all the time = i really dont know ! :P
They're testing the update to make sure it's safe :rolleyes:

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
And they never explain why they cant upgrade the 44 Hardware ?

memory.

Hey Smiths,
If AK Team say that AK2i is permantly blocked,
and leave the flashcard business,
will you still support Akaio?

if i want to add things to it, i will add things to it. who knows what's happening where. AKAIO was based off of acekard.com firmware for acekard RPG... i mean hell, just a quick search sent me to this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/84222-new-release-of-acekard-rpg-custom-firmware-bnsm-199-now-akbbs-199/

April 2008.

not bad for a bunch of programmers just dicking around to keep things running in a way they like.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if i want to add things to it, i will add things to it. who knows what's happening where. AKAIO was based off of acekard.com firmware for acekard RPG... i mean hell, just a quick search sent me to this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/t...-now-akbbs-199/

April 2008.

not bad for a bunch of programmers just dicking around to keep things running in a way they like.

You and Normmatt did a great job with Akaio,
and I'm sure every AK user is grateful for both of you.
But I, and most of AK users, have been wondering if AK Team will survive to this update.
And if Acekard Team dies, everything will change.
I may be asking too much, and if I am I apologize,
but having a word from you, would give reliability for every AK user.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good news everyone!

The official AK2i website updated with an announcement for the upcoming release of a ptach for 4.4.0-10.

So,it is possible that AK2i team found a way to bypass Nintendo's latest AP measures!

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#128

Any thoughts on this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)