OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
sorry if i post about this but it's ages i don't turn on my wii, and accidentally upgraded it to 4.3E

with my big surprise i noticed that after the reboot the homebrew channel was still in place and that i could load USB Loader GX.
it sees the hard disk (wbfs) and the games appear in the menu but when i try to launch them i'm brought back to the homebrew channel main menu.

ok, for sure the update screwed up a bunch of things, but since it's ages i'm away i feel a bit outdated about my knowledge and many things might have changed during this year, so i wonder if someone can kindly point me in the right direction to get everything back in place in the way it's meant to be done :)

thanks in advice

atomikramp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
No offense, but i prefer to know what i'm exactly doing, i've never trusted wizards too much without knowing what they are going to install on my console.

i know that it's meant to have something working out of the box, but for instance, maybe there are features in which i'm not interested in and that i would prefer not to install. (like cIOSCorp for instance)

as of now i have the homebrew channel installed, that means i can run unsigned code on my wii, and that's fine...
from there, what has probably screwed up? or well, what did the update remove from my wii that prevents backups from loading but not unsigned code to run?

atomikramp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
i had bootmii installed on boot2, i think it got wiped, still i wonder why they left me my funny homebrew channel.

i'm gonna copy to sd all the files generated with bootmii

i don't need an exploit as i can run unsigned code from hbc, so i'll reinstall bootmii as boot2.

question is:

what are all these wads?

it installs alot of IOSes and cIOSes

back in the days i had like... 1 or 2...

EDIT:
remodding right now

anyway
boot2 was fine and bootmii was still installed after upgrade to 4.3E
homebrew channel also was still in place
homebrew channel was already at latest version

now i'm batch-installing all the cIOS wads etc..

hope it will go fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lo