OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@mauifrog, your guide was invaluable for me to get NUS Auto Downloader to support modding 4.3 Wii's, so I just wanted to say thanks to you, WiiCrazy and DaMysteryMan for all their help!
Thank you

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hacked my motherinlaws new wii followed ur guide to the t .100%success. i had 1 question when it says change the version to v54321 there are only enough space for 5432 not 1. i had success tho . can u explan what might be the problem

sweetiepie8371

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You ! I had a modded wii. 4.1u that got upgraded to 4.3u and followed your tutorial with the ssbb hack. Everything works perfectly. Thanks so much.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog. this guide wont work. you are missing the tucha bug part. (and priiloader dont work with an un trucha signed ios61)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maisto said:
mauifrog. this guide wont work. you are missing the tucha bug part. (and priiloader dont work with an un trucha signed ios61)
Who told you ios61 needs to be trucha signed? AFAIK only ios36 or ios249 needs to be patched. Working fine for me and many others.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Looking though the guide and the files it should work. However I don't understand why you want to install all those IOS wad's when you use cBoot2 to mod the Wii.

The way you install Priiloader in the guide it uses IOS36 which needs to be patched. You can also use IOS249 by holding B while pressing + to install.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Who told you ios61 needs to be trucha signed? AFAIK only ios36 or ios249 needs to be patched. Working fine for me and many others.

It was before you added cboot2 files to the guide, because loadeing priiloader from HBC will load priiloader with IOS61 and that dont work.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
hello one simple question. im new to industry...

uhm can i install and use Homebrew Channel with out BootMii? i mean ill just use HackMii and install HomeBrew Channel? and what does BootMii do?

Wii White: 4.3U

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codiak said:
What are those cIOS70,80 etc wads? Isn't it just enough to install an patched IOS36?
If that is what you want, of course. You don't even need ios36 patched. But I think it is good to have all of those wads installed, that is why I wrote it the way it is. It eliminates the possibility of many common brick types. But if you know what you want, do it that way.

cIOS30, cIOS60, cIOS70, and cIOS80 and all patched versions of ios60-v6174. They provide system ios for 3.x+ system menus for any wii. Preventing 3.2 bricks on lu64+ wiis, preventing stubbed system ios bricks, preventing downgrade/upgrade brick failures, providing needed patches for RM brick recovery, preventing 003 errors, etc, etc. This is how I think every wii should be, so that is what I recommend.

recol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Option 1- Indiana PWNS (4.3u, 4.3e,)
-Play Lego Indiana Jones Original, complete the first level, make a save game.
-Use your wii nunchuck when completing level one

you don't have to complete level 1 from this game.

replace (don't copy) the file from the sd-card to the wii system and when you finish with the softmod replace it back to your sd-card

and now you win some time
rolleyes.gif

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can install official Nintendo WAD's, like unpatched IOS, without having a trucha bugged IOS, but for other wad files you are correct.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codiak said:
Isn't it nessasary to have a trucha bugged IOS to install wads?
You need a trucha bugged ios to install any fakesigned ios, like cios and custom channels. The only thing you can install without it is official ios of a greater or equal version number.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get past here:

Install Bootmii as Boot2 (if you can)
Exit Hackmii Installer
Homebrew Channel loads (HBC)
4-b-
Press HOME, launch Bootmii
Make a nand backup
Bootmii does not support the wiimote
Press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use gc-controller)
Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select
Backup your Bootmii files to your PC

I couldn't install bootmii as boot2, so I just skipped it. But I did install the HBC.

I try to launch bootmii, but the screen turns black and the Wii flashes. =/ What's that mean?

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks XFlak. :3 Guess I just had to install Bootmii as IOS instead of Boot2. It seems to be working now.

Backing up NAND, ATM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1