Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
BOTCK said:
RRNHN said:
bugaveli said:
......you use a nunchuk...............
But the guide says not to..... In red letters and big so I'm guessing I really shouldn't

Guess it's just a typo.

You create this Indiana Jones Savegame before you did any softmodding to your Wii.
So i guess there is no way, that connecting the nunchuck could lead to a problem.

But i suggest switch the power off button, after you created the savegame - just to be sure.

1. Connecting nunchuk causes no problems...
2. You don't need to create a savegame... you just need to launch the game once...

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
1. Connecting nunchuk causes no problems...
2. You don't need to create a savegame... you just need to launch the game once...

Hmm... I believe you need to play past the first level and save the game. Otherwise you can't copy the TT save to the Wii.

Edit: Corrected (see next post).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
fogbank said:
Hmm... I believe you need to play past the first level and save the game. Otherwise you can't copy the TT save to the Wii.

???

It's just a needless waste of time.. You just need to launch the game so that it's id is getting saved in uid.sys... (Btw, I've just did this on a virgin wii)

edit : I'm taking back my comment regarding nunchuk causing no problems... it indeed once made it loadmii crash... this happened only once out of some 10-15 sessions of Indiana Pwns..

RRNHN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTCK said:
RRNHN said:
bugaveli said:
......you use a nunchuk...............
But the guide says not to..... In red letters and big so I'm guessing I really shouldn't

Guess it's just a typo.

You create this Indiana Jones Savegame before you did any softmodding to your Wii.
So i guess there is no way, that connecting the nunchuck could lead to a problem.

But i suggest switch the power off button, after you created the savegame - just to be sure.
Yep, you were right! I successfully hacked my Wii using this method with a nunchuck for that part in the game! And if I didn't even have to play the game I wasted about an hour, haha. Whatever at least my Wii is fixed! Thanks everyone!

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great guide. It's a little rough on my eyes. No offense, but I think you should use some different way of formatting your text. There just too much big text, small text, and mid sized text mixed too closely together.

trying the bbcode "list"[*]what you need[*]This file[*]these other things[*]some more stuff[*]step 1
blah blah blah blah blah
[*]step 2
more stuff
some more things

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
EseHomes said:
great guide. It's a little rough on my eyes. No offense, but I think you should use some different way of formatting your text. There just too much big text, small text, and mid sized text mixed too closely together.
pshhh, cut the guy a break, what have u contributed lately? Your DeadlyFoez threads that were taken down because u didn't have his permission... yea, that's what I thought

thx mauifrog, the guide kicks ass just the way it is
wink.gif

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
pshhh, cut the guy a break, what have u contributed lately? The DeadlyFoez threads that were taken down because u didn't have his permission... yea, that's what I thought

thx mauifrog, the guide kicks ass just the way it is
wink.gif
u bastard

kpoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Nice Mauifrog and a big freakin' THANK YOU! Followed your guide to the "T" and was able to Softmod a virgin 4.3U Wii tonight in less than 30 mins. You are the man! Also, credit goes to all of those that helped as well!

geworld45

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any option to hack 4.3J Wii ? here is my story i manage to install HBC only to my wii 4.1j and accidentaly upgrade my wii to 4.3j my HBC is deleted please help!!!
cry.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
geworld45 said:
Is there any option to hack 4.3J Wii ? here is my story i manage to install HBC only to my wii 4.1j and accidentaly upgrade my wii to 4.3j my HBC is deleted please help!!!
cry.gif
It's only currently possible if u have any kind of forwarder channel installed from before you updated (which did not get deleted)... do u?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Quick question, can some1 tell me if IOS41v3091 is installed on a virgin 4.3 Wii, is that enough to run the hackmii installer (ie. avoid no vulnerable IOS error message)? Or do we also need to install IOS34v3348 (this is one of the wads installed in the 'install wads' step)?

Thx in advance!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Quick question, can some1 tell me if IOS41v3091 is installed on a virgin 4.3 Wii, is that enough to run the hackmii installer (ie. avoid no vulnerable IOS error message)? Or do we also need to install IOS34v3348 (this is one of the wads installed in the 'install wads' step)?

Thx in advance!
No, not with hackmii 1.6 and below. You have to downgrade a "Vulnerable ios" say ios34, or other. The korean ios have never been vulnerable, either because they where ignored by TT or they just are not vulnerable.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guide says that you need an *original* copy of Lego Indiana Jones. If you have a modchip, you can use a burned backup -- works fine. Same with the Twilight Princess exploit/any exploit that uses a retail game. Just in case people with chips feel the need to run out and grab themselves a retail copy.
tongue.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
The guide says that you need an *original* copy of Lego Indiana Jones. If you have a modchip, you can use a burned backup -- works fine. Same with the Twilight Princess exploit/any exploit that uses a retail game. Just in case people with chips feel the need to run out and grab themselves a retail copy.
tongue.gif
Original as in original adventures instead of #2.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
SifJar said:
This can be greatly simplified.

1. Get dop-Mii 12.1 BETA 1 from here: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads/list
2. Run via LoadMii, which is itself run via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack (dop-Mii must be run via LoadMii, because Indiana Pwns can't load DOL files. With Smash Stack, you can just load dop-Mii directly)
3. Choose "Install IOS36 w/ Fakesign"
4. Choose to run on IOS36 once above has completed.
5. Select to install IOS34 and install revision 3348
6. Exit dop-Mii, and run Priiloader installer, and install using IOS36
7. Get hacks.ini for 4.3x and enable at least "No Delete HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC and DISK" hack
(Optional) Use a tool such as AnyTitle Deleter to remove the IOS254 stub (may be necessary to install BootMii/IOS, not sure)
8. Run HackMii Installer via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack (or load it through LoadMii run via one of the exploits)
9. Install HBC and DVDx and BootMii.

No unnecessary redistribution of copyrighted material, no pointless extra stuff, very few tools needed.
This has been tried, dop-mii crashes.

I have read now that the reason dop-Mii fails is it tries to load IOS70 which is stubbed on 4.3. Changing one character in the source and recompiling fixes the issue, there should be an update soon I guess to address the issue.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
mauifrog said:
SifJar said:
This can be greatly simplified.

1. Get dop-Mii 12.1 BETA 1 from here: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads/list
2. Run via LoadMii, which is itself run via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack (dop-Mii must be run via LoadMii, because Indiana Pwns can't load DOL files. With Smash Stack, you can just load dop-Mii directly)
3. Choose "Install IOS36 w/ Fakesign"
4. Choose to run on IOS36 once above has completed.
5. Select to install IOS34 and install revision 3348
6. Exit dop-Mii, and run Priiloader installer, and install using IOS36
7. Get hacks.ini for 4.3x and enable at least "No Delete HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC and DISK" hack
(Optional) Use a tool such as AnyTitle Deleter to remove the IOS254 stub (may be necessary to install BootMii/IOS, not sure)
8. Run HackMii Installer via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack (or load it through LoadMii run via one of the exploits)
9. Install HBC and DVDx and BootMii.

No unnecessary redistribution of copyrighted material, no pointless extra stuff, very few tools needed.
This has been tried, dop-mii crashes.

I have read now that the reason dop-Mii fails is it tries to load IOS70 which is stubbed on 4.3. Changing one character in the source and recompiling fixes the issue, there should be an update soon I guess to address the issue.
Good info, thank you. I wonder if they fixed that in the beta release. It does not make complete sense. Dop-mii works very well on 4.1 or less without ios70 being present. I always thought that it did not reload ios until you selected the desired ios. Say when you corrupt ios36, dop-mii will not load from HBC along with many other apps because HBC/priiloader use ios36 to load the app, but it will load just fine via bannerbomb, and it will run on the system ios. Just my observations, very possible I am missing the big picture.

Another issue, people have reported issues with the wiimote sync in cios installer. Since it does not support GC controller, I switched to wad install to avoid the issue.

Next pack will include md5summer with check sums of all files. Step 1 will be to verify all checksums. That will go up soon to avoid any possible wad corruption when transferring to sd:/

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
Good info, thank you. I wonder if they fixed that in the beta release. It does not make complete sense. Dop-mii works very well on 4.1 or less without ios70 being present. I always thought that it did not reload ios until you selected the desired ios. Say when you corrupt ios36, dop-mii will not load from HBC along with many other apps because HBC/priiloader use ios36 to load the app, but it will load just fine via bannerbomb, and it will run on the system ios. Just my observations, very possible I am missing the big picture.

Another issue, people have reported issues with the wiimote sync in cios installer. Since it does not support GC controller, I switched to wad install to avoid the issue.

Next pack will include md5summer with check sums of all files. Step 1 will be to verify all checksums. That will go up soon to avoid any possible wad corruption when transferring to sd:/

I believe what happens is it uses the highest available IOS below IOS71, which on 4.2 is IOS70, but on 4.1 is IOS60 etc. It reloads into this IOS to read the settings file, then reloads to the "Startup IOS" in the settings files, then allows you to choose what IOS to use I think. And no, its not fixed in the beta, but its not hard to fix, so there'll probably be a new build reasonably soon with this incorporated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit