wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i updated to 4.2u from nintendo settings, used hackmii installer via banner bomb and all went well, now im trying to upgrade it so that it can run backups through USB loader GX, and also the disc channel. i sellect ios 449 then it says its loading, then when it says click a to continue the wii remote stops detecting. it pretty much does this for all apps when trying to install stuff. controller stops detecting after 1 or 2 steps, any help would be nice , im confused. would it be easier to downgrade to 4.1u and hack the wii via that way? if so let me know the best method.

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't downgrade from 4.2x firmware.

If you do it will cause your Wii to brick. :\

Don't uninstall an IOS under 200 = instant brick.

I made a soft-mod guide on (site not to be mentioned) and it is chock-full of good-hearty information.
Most people didn't know about Wii Modding before I started to help people with it.
tongue.gif

You need to uninstall the Stub IOS249 and then install cIOSXrev19 or cIOS38rev14 as 249 in order to play backups.
I also highly suggest using PimpMyWii, Hermes cIOS222 v4 installer (IOS38 merged with 37 option), installing the hacked menu file with the Trucha bug enabled and getting Priiloader and BootMii.

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So im confused, i thought running hackmii removed stub ios249 already? Homebrew is up and working and everythings good to go, where might i download cIOSXrev19?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1