4.1 update is out (U and E)

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have bootmii installed too , and the sd is put away for safe keeping , i understand that boot mii keeps updating thats why ipulled it out ...aanyway where is the updte for me ?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
i have bootmii installed too , and the sd is put away for safe keeping , i understand that boot mii keeps updating thats why ipulled it out ...aanyway where is the updte for me ?
BootMii hasn't been updated since v2.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by keeps updating , what i mean is , from what I read when i installed it , (it keeps copying all changes made to the nand) so I figure that to mean , when I install a ne ios , wad ect , they all affect the nand in some way I'm sure .... so I pulled mine after backing up because of that ......keeping my ass safe

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It works fine, doesn't change anything (well, besides having this bug fix). I'm rolling it back for now...I'll miss my StartPatch hacks and theme too much (the 4.0 theme almost worked, but the settings page would not load).

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
9th_Sage said:
It works fine, doesn't change anything (well, besides having this bug fix). I'm rolling it back for now...I'll miss my StartPatch hacks and theme too much (the 4.0 theme almost worked, but the settings page would not load).

right... almost forgot about starpatch for my free region channels
i'll wait so

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i think you'll find most of my computers carry no logo whatever and all my OS's except my macbook lol are fully open source
biggrin.gif

M1cr0$h@ft aint coming near my equipment thanks very much, and why diss Opera??

stupid M$ fanboys man, cant fix a .plist or a .config so they hate on everything pfff tut tut...you'll learn.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
by keeps updating , what i mean is , from what I read when i installed it , (it keeps copying all changes made to the nand) so I figure that to mean , when I install a ne ios , wad ect , they all affect the nand in some way I'm sure .... so I pulled mine after backing up because of that ......keeping my ass safe
Oh, well yes...I see what you mean then. Yeah, it's probably a good idea to dump the NAND in order to get an up to date copy of it if you think you will be doing something that might screw up your Wii.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1 bad thing about this 4.1 update is the lost of hacks within preloader. We need new Hacks.ini file.

But than again, since this isn't very necessary to update to........ we are fine with 4.0 alone.

Cheers.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still prefer to stick to 3.2. With homebrew advancement, I've had absolutely no need to update the system menu. If VC/Wiiware need a new IOS, I can just install that.

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afdude said:
just for giggles i updated to 4.1u(was previous at 3.1U and and softmodded) and then performed the soft update for 4.0+ and above. Everything went smoothly, couldnt see any changes really of course. Im now at Cios38 rev13 and loaded up firmware downgrader 1.11 Downgraded back to 3.2U and all is well. Just tried usbloader and loading is fine. WOOT!

hmm ok, now what would i do next if wad manager 1.4 is returning the -2011 error when trying to install wiiware?

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afdude said:
afdude said:
just for giggles i updated to 4.1u(was previous at 3.1U and and softmodded) and then performed the soft update for 4.0+ and above. Everything went smoothly, couldnt see any changes really of course. Im now at Cios38 rev13 and loaded up firmware downgrader 1.11 Downgraded back to 3.2U and all is well. Just tried usbloader and loading is fine. WOOT!

hmm ok, now what would i do next if wad manager 1.4 is returning the -2011 error when trying to install wiiware?

That's what I was afraid of... this is what worked for me on 4.0U, so if you want give it a shot: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6

Also, is it possible to use BannerBomb AFTER you upgrade to 4.1U?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SanGor said:
preloader works perfectly fine on 4.1, the only issue is there are no hacks.

did you have to re-install preloader after the update? Please post the steps you did to get preloader back working after the update.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
SanGor said:

did you have to re-install preloader after the update? Please post the steps you did to get preloader back working after the update.

I created a wad with NUSDownloader (can find it on wiibrew.org) and installed it, after that I installed preloader, done.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SanGor said:
Spidy1000 said:
SanGor said:

I created a wad with NUSDownloader (can find it on wiibrew.org) and installed it, after that I installed preloader, done.

Did you have preloader installed before you updated?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting ... if this update is due to a bug in WSR (which hasn't been released in USA or EUR yet), why does the NTSC-J version work fine on 4.0 ?

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way to install wads in SYS 3.4-4.1 is using ios 249!

Just updated my friends wii via nintendo then did truchabugrestorer and it worked fine

But what is the point of 4.1? Nintendo didn't say anything....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs