Hacking 4.0 Wii Settings bug/glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fgsfdsyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,113
  • Replies Replies 15

fgsfdsyo

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
XP
248
Country
United States
I can't seem to touch anything within the Wii Settings.
My Wii remote stops working and the cursor flies around randomly.
The controller vibrates once randomly and then I can't go back or out the menu without resetting or turning off my wii.

Running with
4.0 System Menu (Wain upgrade style)
CIOSCorp v2 with 60 fix
Preloader .29 [sys menu ios = 249] with
Code:
Replace Healthwarning
Skip Disc update check
Remove Diag Disc check
Remove NoCopy Protection

Any help or insight at all?
 
I know in my earlier days of 4.0 it wasn't like that.

Since then, I've just installed CIOSCorp v2 and the newer preloader hacks. Nothing else.

Anyone know?
 
perhaps is because you arent using the correct system ios, if you get the system files are corrupted error when using ios60 reinstall preloader, all will work fine, at less that happend to me
 
If you have problems with the system menu crashing, try disabling some or all of the hacks. I had a problem once where I couldn't start the wii from standby, so I restarted it only to have the menu crash on me (4.0U).
Then I restarted and a few minutes later the menu crashed again. I disabled the menu hacks and didn't have problems. I think specifically the nocopy save hack on 4.0U needs to be fixed since I don't recall having any problems before applying that one. It's kind of weird since the crashes happen arbitrarily, maybe someone else can confirm.
 
If you have cios 249 rev 10 than that is your problem, the system menu crashes if run preloader to use ios249.
solution is to get preloader to load menu with ios36
 
http://www.teknoconsolas.info/foro/viewtop...=95&t=42557

QUOTE said:
+------------------------------+
| Wii Config v1.0 by Waninkoko |
+------------------------------+
| www.teknoconsolas.info |
+------------------------------+


+--------------+
| DESCRIPTION: |
+--------------+

This application lets to configure the Wii settings without
using the Wii System Menu.

This application is intended for semibricked Wii's.


+-------------+
| HOW TO USE: |
+-------------+

- Just run the application and change the settings.


+--------+
| KUDOS: |
+--------+

- bushing
- marcan, for the SYSCONF support.
- everybody who tested this app.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qjdlymw1ont
 
Whats wrong with using IOS60 for system menu? That's what it's designed to run off anyway 0_0...
 
OSW said:
Whats wrong with using IOS60 for system menu? That's what it's designed to run off anyway 0_0...
He was using IOS249, and people are telling him to use IOS60. No one said that there was anything wrong with using IOS60.
 
It isn't. Like I said the problem is simply the IOS the system is being loaded on. change it to 60 or if for whatever reason you are using a hard patched menu to remove the copy protection change it to 30. That patch causes IOS 60 to return an error of corrupt system files..........
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted