Hacking 4.0 flaw

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so, remeber a week ago I was complaing how I couldnt get WADs intaled on 4.0 propely. Well I followed everyones instructions, i patched IOS60 like everyone said and so far things have been working fine. However, on a rare occasion when I go to play a disc I get the corrupted error message but I simply restart, unplug the sdcard and it works fine again. I dont think its anything serious as someone posted this on Nintendos own forum with the same exact problem

http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/...essage.id=23700

Im starting to think that 4.1 will be coming sooner then expected

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
3.2 FTW
mthrnitesmiley.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idont think it'll be the DVD drive.

my wii developed that dvd drive error that doesnt allow dual layer discs to be played but everything works fine... figured that out when i put brawl in after notplaying it for a few weeks and it kept telling me it couldnt read the disc
frown.gif

good job the USB Loader lets me play it!
smile.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else had this problem? ive been using the sd card to run games off of and never got this message.

the game isnt deleted from the internal memory if you turn the wii off when running a game on the SD card but it is deleted after you run a game. is it possible that there are sectors in the wiis memory to be corrupted?

it could be the 4.0 system update but ive never had the problem.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kylsav said:
has anyone else had this problem? ive been using the sd card to run games off of and never got this message.

the game isnt deleted from the internal memory if you turn the wii off when running a game on the SD card but it is deleted after you run a game. is it possible that there are sectors in the wiis memory to be corrupted?

it could be the 4.0 system update but ive never had the problem.

Ive been reading on the Nintendo official support forum of other people suffering this problem off the disc channel/corrupted error message. People saying this is due to 4.0, it would make sense as itll be obvious the sd menu wont be perfect the firts time around

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Ive been reading on the Nintendo official support forum of other people suffering this problem off the disc channel/corrupted error message. People saying this is due to 4.0, it would make sense as itll be obvious the sd menu wont be perfect the firts time around

Ya it makes sense hopefully it will be fixed, as long as it doesn't break homebrew
grog.gif

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
i am pretty sure sd menu fix would not be the only thing fixed with a 4.1 update.

Emphasis on "fixed"?
smile.gif

I got my Wii at launch and 4.0 was also the first time I saw this system files are corrupt screen. It kinda of scared me but even as I was looking at it right there on the screen I wasn't that scared because I really couldn't recall doing anything that would make anything corrupt. And I haven't been as daring as some people with their Wiis. I haven't done anything with preloader or cioscorp or any downgrading and upgrading.

I reset and it was gone.

I actually remembering it coming up when I clicked the disc channel with no disc in the drive for no reason. Somehow I guess I just felt like clicking it.

I tried to make it happen again by clicking everywhere but it never came back,

I have realized that sometimes when click a channel it doesn't quite come up at full speed. A particular offender of this problem is the Nintendo channel.

Who knows.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlackEnigma said:
Screemer said:
i am pretty sure sd menu fix would not be the only thing fixed with a 4.1 update.

Emphasis on "fixed"?
smile.gif

I got my Wii at launch and 4.0 was also the first time I saw this system files are corrupt screen. It kinda of scared me but even as I was looking at it right there on the screen I wasn't that scared because I really couldn't recall doing anything that would make anything corrupt. And I haven't been as daring as some people with their Wiis. I haven't done anything with preloader or cioscorp or any downgrading and upgrading.

I reset and it was gone.

I actually remembering it coming up when I clicked the disc channel with no disc in the drive for no reason. Somehow I guess I just felt like clicking it.

I tried to make it happen again by clicking everywhere but it never came back,

I have realized that sometimes when click a channel it doesn't quite come up at full speed. A particular offender of this problem is the Nintendo channel.

Who knows.

The Nintendo Channel takes a while to open compared to the others simply cause its FUCKING HUGE! 126 BLOCKS mate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night