Hacking 4.0.1

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So me being a stupid idiot i updated my switch without thinking about homebrew, i didnt know which version it was previously on so im over here punching myself in the face. anyways, when do you guys think homebrew will come to the switch?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So me being a stupid idiot i updated my switch without thinking about homebrew, i didnt know which version it was previously on so im over here punching myself in the face. anyways, when do you guys think homebrew will come to the switch?
There already is homebrew on the Switch. Userland arbitrary rw

Reactions: nmkd and Ep8Script

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
There already is homebrew on the Switch. Userland arbitrary rw

Well read there. To the OP, It's too early to speculate if anything above 3.0.0 will get any homebrew. The devs behind the current exploit have stated previously they are not looking beyond 3.0.0 any time soon.

Last edited by lembi2001,
Reactions: Ep8Script

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well read there, to the OP. It's too early to speculate if anything above 3.0.0 will get any homebrew. The devs behind the current exploit have stated previously they are not looking beyond 3.0.0 any time soon.

Yeah, there's no point in holding out for homebrew on 3.0.1+

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deja vu...

What's that supposed to mean? Devs are pretty hellbent on stating no homebrew on 3.0.1+ no? Until there are emulators up and running on Switch, or media players that can play music and video files, there's no real viable HB for the end user to speak of.

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Based only in my opinion, i think we will not see a exploit or will take a long time. The homebrews and run backup games will release before a new exploit. So I would recommend you buy another switch on 3.0.0.

Again, it is only my opinion.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's saying "well homebrew for <=3.0.0 came fast than we thought to it'll be the same for >=3.0.1.". Nope. The devs found their exploits for systems running 3.0.0 and earlier, so that's their main focus, and will be their main focus for a while, or at least until 3.0.0 is terribly out of date.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch doesn't need Homebrew right now. Hopefully Homebrew will come in the future for later FW's but piracy should never come.

An updated, usable, enjoyable Switch is much better than a Switch sitting on <=3.0.0 waiting for pong and hello world Homebrews.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You are a lucky guy. Instead of waiting for month and let the switch collect dust for homebrew such hello world or at better retroarch you can play to mario odissey, can play online ,xenoblade chronicles , the new Pokémon next year...

Last edited by Meriadoc,
Reactions: yardie

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If that would happen to me I think I would punch myself pretty hard in the face :rofl2:
If you really want to have homebrew you could sell your switch and buy one with 3.0.0 or under. Or you live with it.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Like has already been said no point getting frustrated- enjoy the games, currently you can do much more with them than a 3.0 system. Their is a difference between a basic Hello World and a Fully fledged Homebrew Channel Launcher too which still hasn't surfaced and we have nothing in terms of emulators which I believe is what most people are holding out for.
If you wan't to beat urself up, do it when 3.0 actually has a proper advantage, like being able to update with all the benefits of Homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-