Hacking 3x or 6x ?

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiKey (v1) 6x Speed success.

Downgraded to 1.9b (run the recovery disk 1st!) and now backups run at 6x speed. Gamecube audio fix is also working.

Only issue with this firmware is the error 001 in protected games and the gamecube region free is not switching the video mode correctly (PAL wii with USA cube game). However GeckoOS can circumvent the 001 error and Starfall handles the cube region free with video mode switches for now. Forsaekns cSM will be an easier solution soon.

WiiKey owners should downgrade IMO.

rugdoctors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ditto!

Hi,

I reverted back to 1.9b firmware (ironically, its the "leaked" version), mainly because it has gamecube streaming audio support and faster DVD reading as well. The only 2 drawbacks are the lack of 001 error overide and orig. smash bros. melee support, which can be overcomed using Gecko OS 1.7b.

Hope that helps!

btw, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you only use the 1.9b recovery disk if the flash was not successful, otherwise, using the regular 1.9b firmware update should be ok.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
yes but will this kind of use BREAK the laser or what?
Myth, it will be perfectly fine with it, but if you notice a disc making terrible noises, i would take it out and play something else, but the drive is ok with 3x speed, it will have issues if you "hammer" the drive constantly, but for a few hours each day or every few days or so, no problem
smile.gif

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Rocco Savadgie said:

Downgraded to 1.9b (run the recovery disk 1st!) and now backups run at 6x speed. Gamecube audio fix is also working.

Only issue with this firmware is the error 001 in protected games and the gamecube region free is not switching the video mode correctly (PAL wii with USA cube game). However GeckoOS can circumvent the 001 error and Starfall handles the cube region free with video mode switches for now. Forsaekns cSM will be an easier solution soon.

Doesn't work for me. Downgraded to 1.9b and always read at 3x

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Keylogger said:
Rocco Savadgie said:

Doesn't work for me. Downgraded to 1.9b and always read at 3x

It 100% works. Are you sure you are on 1.9b? Try a Mario Galaxy backup to see if the 001 error occurs to confirm. I double checked a moment ago by setting the speed to 3x via the 1.3 config disk. You could hear the huge difference in speed with backup vs original. When set back to 6x there is no difference in sound at all.

Perhaps it is a setting in the config. I have the 1st option - region free - turned off but the other three on so maybe give that a try?

Good luck!

rugdoctors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
damn the new #002 error...since current gecko os can not bypass this new error, have to revert to 1.9g to play games having this "protection" to by pass #001 error when launching game from the disk channel. I really miss the 6x speed option, tenchu 4 loading times benefits a lot from the faster speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night