Hardware 3rd Party Dock - Bricking Possibility?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My dock stopped working about a year and a half ago, so I'd like to replace it without it costing a fortune as first party docks are (or were when I last looked at least all that time ago).

My only worry is the amount of rumours I heard about third party docks damaging the switch and bricking them. I'm sure there's been a solution to that by now though...

So, can anyone shed some light on the state of third party docks now?

Are they reliable?
Will they brick a switch?
Which is the best?

Any info appreciated!

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My dock stopped working about a year and a half ago, so I'd like to replace it without it costing a fortune as first party docks are (or were when I last looked at least all that time ago).

My only worry is the amount of rumours I heard about third party docks damaging the switch and bricking them. I'm sure there's been a solution to that by now though...

So, can anyone shed some light on the state of third party docks now?

Are they reliable?
Will they brick a switch?
Which is the best?

Any info appreciated!

I purchase this one from Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacemen...ooling+Structure+Design&qid=1621794045&sr=8-1

I've had it about a month and use it as a second dock for another screen, obviously you need a power cable, but it seems to work very well, no problems yet.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yhe ”rumors” you mention are about 2017 or 2018 then was a batch of docks what do not handle good tge switch trying to update the dock firmware and get the switch damaged, but today there is not that problem

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Cool my RG351V shipped I'm finally getting an order from banggood