Hacking 3in1 won't load gba roms

Alfonzo54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased an Acekard 2 and an EZ-Flash 3in1 for my ds lite. The 3in1 is a v1. On the Acekard I'm using akaio 1.8.5.

I'm having trouble loading gba roms to the 3in1. I've tried using both the built in compatibility with akaio and gbaexploader and neither seem to be working. When either program says it is done loading the rom, the gameboy logo appears without the nintendo logo and then nothing happens. If I power my ds off and on again, a gba game appears in slot 2 of the ds menu. If I try to start this "gba game" in slot 2 through the ds menu the gameboy logo and nintendo logo appear, then nothing happens.

I downloaded and ran the sramtest. It has no trouble writing, but when I power the ds down and back on to run the verification, it returns this error message:

verify Err:Add=0, S=74, D=9

Both of these items are brand new and the acekard seems to be working fine. This is my first time using a flashcart. Am I being a noob and missing something extremely obvious or is there a real problem here?

Alfonzo54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I try to start a gba game directly from the akaio menu I have the same issue: the gameboy screen appears and then nothing happens.

Alfonzo54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's version 1. The number inside the case is EZ5C11, not EZ5C10, but the sramtest shows the screen that matches the v1 picture in your helpful guide.

Games I've tried:
Kirby-Nightmare in Dreamland
Advance Wars
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Tactics Ogre

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a faulty 3in1. I have the EXACT same things and they work perfectly. Try the rumble (go to START and click 3in1 menu)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is probably AKAIO, there are some versions of the 3in1 that AKAIO doesn't seem to work with.

like EZ5C12 and your EZ5C11, these two version had even lower production runs and only a handful are floating around. That is why I didn't bother to upload images of them, just the more common ones.

You can fix gba exploader working under AKAIO by copying the ak2_sd.dldi from the official firmware in the __ak2 folder to your __aio folder on your MicroSD, overwriting the AKAIO ak2_sd.dldi.

Then try running gba exploader again and tell me if it works with your EZ5C11.

Kirby and Fire Emblem should work right without doing anything. The rest might need fixing if the autopatching doesn't work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-