Hacking 3in1 with Acekard 2.1: having some issues

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got a 3-in-1 last night, and it was running fine today just selecting games in my GBA folder by pressing A. Seemed to load fairly quickly. But suddenly they are not running. When I select a game and press A, everything freezes. Well, I shouldn't say everything; the top screen keeps functioning as it normally does, but nothing works on the bottom screen. I can't select a different screen, go back to a previous menu, etc. Just doesn't work. As far as I know, I didn't change any settings when this started happening.

I can, however, get the games to run if I run them through NOR. This takes significantly longer to get them working though.

I'm just kind of puzzled why I suddenly can't load games into what I am assuming was the NAND memory. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, what SHOULD I be running these games into? NOR or NAND? I'm kind of fuzzy one what the differences between the two are, so any explanation would be nice.

And is there anything I should know about running these games? Do the sav files update automatically, or upon restart? I think I'm essentially looking for a faq here...but if anyone just has some answers for me, I would REALLY appreciate it.

By the way, running the 3-in-1 with an Acekard 2.1 black pcb with latest official firmware (not AKAIO) and clean roms. No initial settings for the 3-in-1 have been changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o