Homebrew 3DShell - Multi-purpose File Manager for the 3DS

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
True, True I guess, never mind me then...
but it will be a while before I cfw a 3ds, as I want to buy one to cfw.

there's currently no reason not to cfw your 3DS though so you should go ahead and reap the benefits ahah

calbe3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so it looks like this will be perfect to turn my 3ds into an MP3 player when I'm not playing. Wondering if this has the capability to play video files (MP4?), or any plans to do that in the future?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DShell v4.3.0 is now available!

Change-log

• Properly handle failed I/O functions.
  • Update dmc_unrar.c (used for extracting RAR archives)
  • Use stb_image for loading images from SD and add support for the following new formats:
    • PGM, PPM and TGA files.
    • PCX files using dr_pcx.
  • Reset selection upon returning from sorting menu.
  • Major audio playback changes:
    • Now supports IT, MOD, S3M, XM.
    • Fixed mono audio playback.
    • Display current time/total time as well as progress for all audio files.
    • Display metadata (title, artitst, etc) for OGG, MP3, IT, MOD, S3M and XM.
  • Minor under the hood changes for consistency changes and code clean-up.

jSNiTJw.png

Download: https://github.com/joel16/3DShell/releases/tag/v4.3.0

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DShell v4.3.0 is now available!

This has become one of my most used 3DS programs. I've mostly used my consoles solely to play Pokemon ROMhacks, dumping the saves with GM9 or if using mGBA, the save is already created in the microSD. Then this program to move those files to the PC, and then back after whatever I do with them. Felt like sharing that, pleased that it's still being updated.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has become one of my most used 3DS programs. I've mostly used my consoles solely to play Pokemon ROMhacks, dumping the saves with GM9 or if using mGBA, the save is already created in the microSD. Then this program to move those files to the PC, and then back after whatever I do with them. Felt like sharing that, pleased that it's still being updated.

Thanks for that! Comments like these really help in motivating developers to keep supporting their projects.
Also, I need to get another minor release out as it was rather necessary since the CIA version would crash if you try to exit the application after playing any supported audio file. Anyways without further ado:

3DShell v4.3.1 is now available!

Change-log:

• Fix down-sampled MP3 files not being played properly, and providing inaccurate timings.
  • Possible attempt at fixing scratchy audio with O3DS as reported by one user (needs more testing?)
  • Fix crash with the CIA version (due to some resources not being freed properly) after you exit the app granted that you opened any of the supported audio files.
  • Added support for extracting more archive formats such as 7z, ISO 9660, AR, XAR and other formats supported by libarchive.
  • Next nightly/milestone releases will remove the .CIA file after updating from the .CIA version.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/3DShell/releases/tag/v4.3.1

Last edited by Joel16,

ytsejam1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16 Thank you for such a terrific program. It's functions perfectly and looks great as well. I'm new to the CFW 3DS scene, but I can tell that I will be using this program on a daily basis.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Hoping there will be a video player built-in in a future update. This would finally feel like a successor to Moonshell2.
Unfortunately as of now there are no new features planned, at least not of that scope. At most I'm planning on maintaining this project (mostly cleaning up and optimization if necessary) and provided bug fixes.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question, will there be any plans to include a fully functional BCSTM player in 3DShell?

Because the only app capable of playing BCSTM files is freeShop, and it would be really nice to include a BCSTM player function in there, with full looping support.

This code might actually help with implementing such feature: https://github.com/cheuble/BCSTM-Player

Thank you so much!

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, will there be any plans to include a fully functional BCSTM player in 3DShell?

Because the only app capable of playing BCSTM files is freeShop, and it would be really nice to include a BCSTM player function in there, with full looping support.

This code might actually help with implementing such feature: https://github.com/cheuble/BCSTM-Player

Thank you so much!
The thing about that code is that it doesn't work on some 3ds devices (I think o2ds and 3ds?)

It was planned but never implemented because of that reason.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The thing about that code is that it doesn't work on some 3ds devices (I think o2ds and 3ds?)

It was planned but never implemented because of that reason.
Ohhhhh, I see, makes sense. Hopefully someday there might be a way to fix the code to make it work on devices that it normally wouldn't work for. Could it possibly be a RAM usage issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...