1. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Romania
    Looking forward to testing this, sadly I will have to wait for a working FTP implementation as I am using a New 3DS XL with a custom battery, N3DS microSD access was already hell, with custom battery it's even worse, and the 3DShell FTP is my one and only tool for transferring files between 3DS and PC.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    glad to see my friend @Joel16 is still developing. I use his 3ds recovery tool app with my n3ds to backup specific files, then godmode for anything else. I sometimes have to kick him in the ass to get back to his studies at his university instead of developing for several consoles. he's probably graduated by now, but I haven't talked with him in a while. :P

Joel16 likes this.
  3. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Using ftpd isn't an option? https://github.com/asiekierka/ftpd

KokoseiJ and Searinox like this.
  4. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    ftpd is better than the older incarnation of 3D Shell for purposes of ftp transfers. Rock solid connections; very stable.

5. Joel16

OP Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

United States
    I have already graduated in 2019. I'm working now, so even less time lol :P

Yeah old 3dshell's ftp is based on some random ftpd commit. I'm actually planning on re-writing the FTP side without using ftpd as a base. Either my own or based on some other impl.

6. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Romania
    I had not known that FTPD has progressed so much since I last used it. Thank you.

7. g12345567

g12345567 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Installed latest 5.1.0 3DShell and noticed that the when selecting some files in folders the Labels for the Actrtions and Options menu were blank and not showing up. After playing with APP for a while the program just crashed. After restarting New 2DS XL, reopening application it just instantly crashes and won't start. I have tried both CIA and 3DS as well as reinstalling with same result. Any idea on how to fix?

An exception occurred
    Processor: Arm11 (Core 0)
    Exception type: Prefetch abort (cvcBreak)
    Faulkt status: DeBug event
    Current process: 3dsz_app (000400000D921E00)

Press A to save the crtash dump
    Press any other button to shutdown

Stack Dump:

Last edited by g12345567, May 6, 2021
  8. tomasowa

tomasowa Garden-Variety Random

United States
    I also encountered errors since a few weeks back which caused me to finally delete this Homebrew from my New 3DS XL USA. I have no idea what caused it and reinstalling the 3DSX did not change the outcome, even when I tried from the Universal Updater.

That said, for all the years it did work for me, it worked greatly and I'm here to say thank you regardless.

9. g12345567

g12345567 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I've had no problem using older versions. I tried looking for an older release but the download site olny has the latest version. I'll also be deleting this until the next release is available to try.

10. Hark0n

Hark0n Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    https://github.com/joel16/3DShell/releases what do you mean "[...] the download site only has the latest version." :wtf: all versions are available for download :-)

g12345567 likes this.
  11. tomasowa

tomasowa Garden-Variety Random

United States
    I'm not proficient enough in this field to explain why, nor why the latest version I had suddenly changed from working to crashing. I was also having issues with low visibility in its Contextual Menus, especially with Dark Mode.

I will most likely also keep an eye on this Application and test out the next version when it arrives.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 3DShell, purpose, Manager