Homebrew 3DShell - Multi-purpose File Manager for the 3DS

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DShell (pronounced 3D-Shell) - is a multi-purpose file manager for the Nintendo 3DS that aims towards handling media files. Unlike FBI which specializes more in title management, 3DShell leans towards more of the file management features such as opening and managing various files types and includes the basic necessity of a standard file manager. This program's design elements are clearly inspired by CyanogenMod/LineageOS's built in file manager, and so all credits towards the design go to the CyanogenMod/LineageOS contributors.

pNZ3gPh.png
Features:

Planned features:

• Reading text files
  • Language support

Issues:

If you find any issues please submit them to GitHub's issue tracker.

Home:
i4JcUud.png

Music Player:
M1jkQge.png

Copying files:
rie0Xvc.png

Sorting options:
1z8noB6.png

Options:
bYsqfeE.png

Online Updater:
KdLwgGN.png

FTP:
cFaLmVj.png

Download: https://github.com/joel16/3DShell/releases
Source Code: https://github.com/joel16/3DShell

Last edited by Joel16,

bdren1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job kinda looks like an Android file browser. The gear button doesn't work and can you have it order by alphabetical but overall well down

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job kinda looks like an Android file browser. The gear button doesn't work and can you have it order by alphabetical but overall well down

It is inspired by an android file manager. And yeah some functions are yet to be implemented like settings so there's still quite a lot to do here.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

Thanks for this. It's always nice to see contributions to the Homebrew Scene. Also, the per-button system used by GodMode9 and CTRXplorer is admittedly clunky; this should make file management much smoother.

Reactions: KoalaBoy and Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the friendly comments. Next release won't be up until I fix recursive deletion (fixed), and the copy/cut stuff.
Also the gear button (settings) and the key button (ctrnand) doesn't work yet, so tapping on it won't do anything. Thought I'd mention that since I didn't in the main post. Do feel free to make suggestions or request features as long as they're appropriate and isn't something like "can we get this to run ps vita gamez".

Oh and also here's a QR code to make installation easier: (I'm planning on adding QR downloads in the future as well)
chart

Last edited by Joel16,

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh hey great, was looking for something to replace CTRX explorer with since it's so similar to GM9 in terms of the UI

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16
Just asking.
Is the FTP feature still up?
I'm asking because I don't see it in the todo and I got excited for that feature.

I did give it a go a few days ago but didn't go so well, so I'll be looking into that later. It's a planned feature, I just forgot to mention it.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night