Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
3DS
What are you looking forward to?
06_news_image_3DS.png

The EU, USA, and AUS release dates for the 3DS are just around the corner. GBATemp would like to know what you are most looking forward to? Is it the 3D effects, the potential for better games, the possibility of Homebrew emulation, the race between Flash Kit developers and Big-N firmware updates? Whatever it is we want to know about it and discuss it. Take a moment to gather your thoughts and then post them for all to read.

icon11.gif
 GBATemp's 3DS Hands-on Impressions

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bigger games, more voice acting, cut scenes, more possibilities, and while I don't care about graphics they are definitely a plus when compared to the DS. Also the new sound channel.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
1. Better, smoother looking games (always though the graphics for a lot of games on DS were kinda shitty, they never polished them up to looks smooth). Kinda like how N64 jumped to gamecube, and everything stopped looking like the Fighting Polygon team.
tongue.gif

2. what Another World said. OoT + Starfox/Wing 64 3D = BEST. SUMMER. EVAR for gaming. Also, Shin Megami Tensei.

3. GB/GBC VC. I wonder what titles they will be putting up there... I hope it gets a lot more support than the Wii VC. So many great GB games that nobody ever got to play, or missed...

3.5. Going along with 3, possible hacked VC games.

4. The day a "Homebrew Channel" allows me to install custom things.

5. FINALLY being able to enjoy SFIV. I don't have a PS3 or 360, and I love the classic SFs, so I am looking forward to this...

6. FULL 3D HOLOGRAPHIC DUELS WITH STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY STRAIGHT FROM KAIBA CORP

7.???

8. Profit!

@ machomuu

I agree with what you said, about the graphics. I don't really NEED them to be top of the line, pushing the limit... I just want them to look nice, you know?

So many DS games were plagued with shitty sprites, terrible 3D (looks like Minecraft shit out the game, with shittier , non comparable 3d-sprite like graphics) and bad camera control. I also hope they work out the camera controls for a lot of platformer games...

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Bigger games, more voice acting, cut scenes, more possibilities, and while I don't care about graphics they are definitely a plus when compared to the DS. Also the new sound channel.

This. Also,

QUOTE(Schlupi @ Mar 18 2011, 06:22 PM) 1. Better, smoother looking games
2. OoT + Starfox/Wing 64 3D = BEST. SUMMER. EVAR
3. GB/GBC VC
3.5. possible hacked VC games
4. "Homebrew Channel"
5. FINALLY being able to enjoy SFIV. I don't have a PS3 or 360, and I love the classic SFs, so I am looking forward to this...
6. FULL 3D HOLOGRAPHIC DUELS WITH STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY STRAIGHT FROM KAIBA CORP
7.???
8. Profit!

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm counting down the days; I dug through all my games to get enough Coins on Club Nintendo to afford that damn pouch, and I reserved it a month ago. i'm just looking forward to the whole DAMN THING.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Remakes of old games,Pokemon trading card game(AR card make this awesome
tongue.gif
), and new interesting games...
lol, lolzed, you lucky duck! (And smart one at that.)

I'm looking forward to AR cards, remakes like OoT, 3D, and just the random cool things it will bring!
smile.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Presto99 said:
lolzed said:
tongue.gif
lol, lolzed, you lucky Pichu! (And smart one at that.)

I'm looking forward to AR cards, remakes like OoT, 3D, and just the random cool things it will bring!
smile.gif
corrected
tongue.gif

And thanks(whatever made me smart lol)

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want what they did in B/W with the XTRANSCIEVER or whatever its called, where you can (similar to Skype) talk to other users from your friends list (using the universal FC) using the internal camera. that would be SICK AS.

lolzed said:
Presto99 said:
lolzed said:
tongue.gif
lol, lolzed, you lucky Pichu! (And smart one at that.)

smile.gif
corrected
tongue.gif

And thanks(whatever made me smart lol)
I think he might have been referencing how you solved the Tempmas puzzle... either that or the pokemon AR trading cards. maybe it could be something similar to what the E-Reader did...?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piracy.
That and better games, especially first-party titles. The DS has been getting boring for some time now, so a new handheld was long overdue.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering how much Nintendo has decided to progress in its internet-geared functionality. With online functions and constant connectivity becoming a huge part of gaming, it concerns me to see Nintendo's past few systems lagging behind a bit.

EDIT: No pun intended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: "Hello, this the feds?"