ROM Hack 3DS XL Twilight Menu++ - Can .NDS cheats be used?

Gressil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8, In Pokemon Platinum's cheat list I tried to apply just the nature modifier to "Naughty" to catch a Shinx with competitive nature, and now it's started causing Platinum to fail to launch all over again. The cheat menu being opened causes crash, the game being launched causes crash. Is there a fix for this that you know of?

Other games open the cheat menu just fine, and I know Chrono Trigger's cheats work. Haven't tried other games yet.

Last edited by Gressil,

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Looks like I found this thread at the right time!) Anyways, what are the limitations when using cheats with Twillight++ loader? Also, is there any possible way to load more than 5 cheats? I would like to know if there is any way.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any problems surfaced only due to compability issues in nds-bootstrap. Case per game is different, though certainly poking too many memory could glitch the game.

Gressil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess rob wasn't available. :(

I don't suggest more than a few cheats at a time, I've had to do a full reinstall of the twilight menu after loading in just 1 cheat in platinum, and it breaking the launcher. Oh, and not all cheats work.

To ensure, in my experience, smoothest operation only use 1-5 cheat(s). At any point these cheats may entirely break the launcher for the game and force you to do a full reinstall of twilight (ive found no way to repair the broken launch, tried migrating in new files and software updates).

Use a file manager on your 3ds and back up saves as well.

Last edited by Gressil,

AlexMolina10

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello, I have a problem, when I use cheats in pokemon soulsilver the screen freezes and stays white and I can not play, and when removing the cheats everything returns to normal, and only active two tricks, can it be fixed in some way? Sorry for the English I'm using the translator, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast