Hacking 3DS XL from Japan

nexusrekus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I have a 3ds XL from japan - I believe they are region locked - can you change the language to english ? I believe you can't play original non-japanese games on there but can you hack it to play CIA format for EU/USA games ?

Thanks

Nexus

sketchedgrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a 3ds XL from japan - I believe they are region locked - can you change the language to english ? I believe you can't play original non-japanese games on there but can you hack it to play CIA format for EU/USA games ?

Thanks

Nexus

With CFW, you can change the language from Japanese to English and un-region lock it. Depending on what you do, you can play American/EU physical games, but usually changing the region this way will lock the eShop and online downloads. I highly suggest you research this topic more as you may have to pick and choose your wins and losses. Happy hacking!

I do not claim any responsibility if something goes wrong in the modding of your console.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, as for if you can change the language into English i would think it's possible from the system settings? But don't quote me on that. For your 2nd question, when you're on CFW you can install and play games from any region, US/EU games may require a seed or changing the locale with Luma locale switcher, but it's doable.

sketchedgrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, as for if you can change the language into English i would think it's possible from the system settings? But don't quote me on that.

I'm entirely sure you can't change the language to English in the system settings on a Japanese console. On other regions (such as American and European) you can change it to English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sketchedgrey Ok.
@nexusrekus So there's only one option left for the system to be English, it's not necessary if you just want to play EU/US games but if you insist, you can region change it to US or EU, but i personally wouldn't recommend it. Here's the page if you choose to do so, just make sure to follow the steps carefully.

Reactions: sketchedgrey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1