Hardware 3ds xl broken hinge. Need advice please.

yelever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently got my hands one a 3ds xl on 4.4 but the left hinge is broken off. Not sure what I would need to buy to get working. This is what it looks like. I have the white part that goes into hole on the top part put aside so it doesn't get lost and know I would need to replace the bottom faceplate but just checking to see if there is anything that goes in the broken off part.
xl red.JPG

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a replacement housing, there is no good way to "fix" that.

Watch every tear down video you can for the 3DSXL. Be really careful when you tear down yours... And be just as careful when you transfer its guts to a new case and close her up.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beyond Joe88's link, no I don't. I only meant to point you in the right direction. I don't need one but I knew what to type into a search engine to find what you need and that was at the top of the results. "3DSXL replacement housing" entered into Google or such should find you your answers.

yelever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the replacement housing and don't think it comes with inside part for the right broken hinge which I don't have.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The white part is the hinge axis which you need to keep. You just need the replacment part which which has snapped off. no other things would of fallen out when damaged, when you fit the hinge axis back you will have to remove a little bit a black plastic which keeps the axis secure (located where the led sits on the hinge. Once you removed the mobo. youll understand

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The white part is the hinge axis which you need to keep. You just need the replacment part which which has snapped off. no other things would of fallen out when damaged, when you fit the hinge axis back you will have to remove a little bit a black plastic which keeps the axis secure (located where the led sits on the hinge. Once you removed the mobo. youll understand

Ask that seller on ebay if he has one he could give you as he said he removes them from working systems (the black bit which the white hinge sits in)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs