Hardware 3DS XL.. best place to buy?

generic_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the upcoming release of the 3DS XL, I was just wondering about people's opinions on the best place to buy it from. I know that sometimes some stores offer gift cards, or free items, games, etc but I've yet to really see any ads for them yet. Also, I was looking into getting an extended warranty on mine and was curious as to which store people think sell the best ones. Thanks!

dire-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also curious about this, today I called a local Gamestop to ask if they had any special deals for the 3DS XL and they told me they don't have anything specific. They said the only thing they had was +$25 for a traded in 3DS for store credit ($75 total store credit). I was wondering if someone else has seen or heard of a better deal.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just gonna open a thread to ask exactly the same. I've been looking over the net any deal with no success. But the deals always appear in the last week/days.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got this from a comment on some website, has useful info

copypasta:
I spoke with my local Gamestop and they said I can buy the 3DS XL at regular price, go home and transfer my data, and then bring the old 3DS back with my receipt within 5 business days, and they’ll give me $125 in-store credit or $100 cash.
COPYPASTA OVER

Also some other comment says the trade-in deal only lasts on launch weekend, don't know how accurate that is (maybe you can only get the deal if you buy on sunday)

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the best place to get Nintendo releases on hardware and games is Target. They open at 8am on Sundays, well before Gamestop, Best Buy or any other store. Usually there's little or no people there at that time, so I'm in and out pretty quickly. That's worth more to me than any incentives or bribes the other chains offer for buying things from them. Also, I never need to trade in games or systems to buy new ones so that's a moot point for me as well.

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop has a sale going on until September where if you buy a 3DS you can get a free copy of Steel Diver or Pilotwings Resort. It might be worth a try having them match this deal in store with the purchase of the 3DS XL. It would be silly for them to turn it down considering you are spending an additional $30 for the larger edition.

Gamestop Promotion

3DSDSXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I paid £131 GBP at tesco entertainment for my blue xl it was £169 then 15% code used and then quidco bought it down to £131 bargain.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop has a sale going on until September where if you buy a 3DS you can get a free copy of Steel Diver or Pilotwings Resort. It might be worth a try having them match this deal in store with the purchase of the 3DS XL. It would be silly for them to turn it down considering you are spending an additional $30 for the larger edition.

Gamestop Promotion

The deal includes the purschase of a 3DS XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet