3DS XL.. best place to buy?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by generic_1, Jul 30, 2012.

Jul 30, 2012

3DS XL.. best place to buy? by generic_1 at 9:29 PM (1,815 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. generic_1
    OP

Newcomer generic_1 Member

United States
    With the upcoming release of the 3DS XL, I was just wondering about people's opinions on the best place to buy it from. I know that sometimes some stores offer gift cards, or free items, games, etc but I've yet to really see any ads for them yet. Also, I was looking into getting an extended warranty on mine and was curious as to which store people think sell the best ones. Thanks!

2. dire-x

Newcomer dire-x Member

United States
    I'm also curious about this, today I called a local Gamestop to ask if they had any special deals for the 3DS XL and they told me they don't have anything specific. They said the only thing they had was +$25 for a traded in 3DS for store credit ($75 total store credit). I was wondering if someone else has seen or heard of a better deal.

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I would think some place might have a combo deal w/ nsmb 2 since they are coming out on the same day

4. MakiManPR

Banned MakiManPR Banned

Puerto Rico
    I was just gonna open a thread to ask exactly the same. I've been looking over the net any deal with no success. But the deals always appear in the last week/days.

5. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I got friend who works at Target (10%) + Target Debit card (5%). I'll add tax to that but still it will be around $190?

6. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Game UK offers the 3DS XL + 1 free game. Pick from: KH:3D, KI:U, MK7, NSMB2. http://www.game.co.u...-_-3DSXLBundles

If you're in the US, gamestop has a 3DS trade-in for $100. No other deals besides that.

1 person likes this.
  7. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    If your trading a 3DS in, Gamestop for the 100$ starting this Sunday.

Otherwise, Best Buy for the 45 day price matching? (Unless Target or Walmarts has a sale)

8. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I got this from a comment on some website, has useful info

copypasta:
    I spoke with my local Gamestop and they said I can buy the 3DS XL at regular price, go home and transfer my data, and then bring the old 3DS back with my receipt within 5 business days, and they’ll give me $125 in-store credit or $100 cash.
    COPYPASTA OVER

Also some other comment says the trade-in deal only lasts on launch weekend, don't know how accurate that is (maybe you can only get the deal if you buy on sunday)

9. Rockym

Member Rockym GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For me the best place to get Nintendo releases on hardware and games is Target. They open at 8am on Sundays, well before Gamestop, Best Buy or any other store. Usually there's little or no people there at that time, so I'm in and out pretty quickly. That's worth more to me than any incentives or bribes the other chains offer for buying things from them. Also, I never need to trade in games or systems to buy new ones so that's a moot point for me as well.

10. saintrobyn

Newcomer saintrobyn Member

United States
    Gamestop has a sale going on until September where if you buy a 3DS you can get a free copy of Steel Diver or Pilotwings Resort. It might be worth a try having them match this deal in store with the purchase of the 3DS XL. It would be silly for them to turn it down considering you are spending an additional $30 for the larger edition.

Gamestop Promotion

11. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Update!

http://www.examiner....for-sunday-only
    Fry's has the 3DS XL for $179 ONLY ON SUNDAY. Get it while you can!
    (Fry's also has NSMB2 for $30)

Best Buy includes a universal DS hard case free when you purchase it at $199.99

Kmart has it at $199.99 and gives a $20 gaming coupon which is valid through 8/26/12 to 10/13/12

Source: Cheapassgamer and SlickDeals

12. 3DSDSXL

Newcomer 3DSDSXL Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I paid £131 GBP at tesco entertainment for my blue xl it was £169 then 15% code used and then quidco bought it down to £131 bargain.

13. freaksloan

Member freaksloan GBAtemp Regular

United States

The deal includes the purschase of a 3DS XL.