• Likes 2

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Fans Before E3:

"Nintendo surely isn't working on a revision, they said so! It would be a betrayal of fans who JUST bought a 3DS! I wouldn't get one!"

Nintendo Fans After This Announcement:

"Should I get the White one or the Silver one?"

Learn what a revision is. This is a bigger version. Nothing more. ABSOLUTELY NONE. They still play the exact same things, in the exact same ways. NO DIFFERENCES. A revision would be added hardware, more power, another screen(Hey...it'd have the 3 in it, at least.)

To those complaining, think of it this way: We could've got thrown a 3DS 2, with two circle pads. Like I said though, they'd piss the entire fanbase off with that move. So they aren't going to do that. It was blatantly obvious, the 3DS gets enough flack as it is by you unsatisfiable people.
No, a revision is the exact same hardware with small differences, such as THE SIZE.

Changing internal hardware, adding power or another screen is creating a successor. Sorry, but you're wrong. :)
So the DSi can be considered a successor?

DSi would be a successor, because...hey....guess what.. IT HAD NEW HARDWARE IN IT. MORE POWERFUL. MORE RAM. Size is not a revision. Size is merely a form factor.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes. Different CPU, different features, different OS.

The only thing that connects it with the DS is the compatibility layer. A DSi is not a DS.

alunral said:
DSi would be a successor, because...hey....guess what.. IT HAD NEW HARDWARE IN IT. MORE POWERFUL. MORE RAM. Size is not a revision. Size is merely a form factor.

And it is. It has DSi-Specific content that can only work on a DSi due to hardware differences. Much like the Wii is capable of playing Gamecube games due to a compatibility layer, the DSi is capable of playing DS content. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.

Reactions: 3 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this doesn't convince people that Nintendo hates its customers nothing will.

No charger included.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

;O;
IKR? I'm so laughing right now. Redesign with no charger included, and no 2nd slider pad. Considering it's only a revision, that is to be expected. XD
Still, this is epic trolling right now. I'm loving every second of it.

Reactions: 1 person

princecharmander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS JUST IN NEW ACCESSORY TO CARRY YOUR BIG GIANT 3DS. THE 3DS FANNY PACK FOR HOLDING YOUR GIANT 3DS FOR STREET PASSING! Sorry I find this to funny....

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dsi WAS a step up from original ds. It just wasn't taken advantage of enough as far as cartridge based games for ppl to realize it was a new system and not just a ds with cameras imho.

Xl fanny pack, let alone a regular or even microscopic fanny pack=fuck no!
I don't care how convenient it is.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the flying fucking cares about semantics of the word 'revision'? We get a new 3DS; I'm gonna be playing me some games!

Lying is a perfectly natural thing; "Everybody lies. Mommy lies. Even the wonderful Jerry lies."

Reactions: 2 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Different CPU, different features, different OS.

The only thing that connects it with the DS is the compatibility layer. A DSi is not a DS.

And it is. It has DSi-Specific content that can only work on a DSi due to hardware differences. Much like the Wii is capable of playing Gamecube games due to a compatibility layer, the DSi is capable of playing DS content. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.
Bah. Crappy successor it was, then.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't care for the 2nd circle pad... but I found really stupid not to add one
can wait to see the CPP XL, that would be a fucking beast! :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It baffles me as to why the DSi receive so little boxed titles and mostly crappy DSi-Ware. It was far more capable than the DS, but Nintendo wanted to sell more games thus they chose not to alienate the users which still had DS Lite's and DS Classic's, thus they chose to introduce DSiEnhanced features instead.

Mostly crappy features, but hey! Features.

It's the same reason why Pokemon Black and White 2 is a DS/DSi title, not a 3DS one specifically.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Brace yourselves for the CPP XL!!

No seriously though dual analog isn't needed for any of the games on the system, you only need it if you're a leftie.
Which is why I don't get why Nintendo didn't include it, then again I don't think they want to piss people off like that.

The XL is bigger and will probably make the games look ugly, I don't see the need to get this if you already have a standard 3DS with the exact same functions.

DS -> DS lite made the system smaller and the screens brighter.
A fairly significant upgrade, unlike XL models in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a million dollar question for you. If its that much bigger how are you gonna fit it in your pocket to street pass with it? hahahaha
It going to less pocket-able for some,but it can still fit in my pockets base on the dsi xl size. For people who didn't mind, there are bags. Also people with money, can just get both.
Street pass and a Non-street pass version.
I swear, Nintendo fans are harder to please than any other fans of anything else. Except maybe Sonic fans. Maybe.

Well part of the fan base. :lol:

Only part that irks me, is the lack of charger.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In all seriousness, I prefer a smaller screen with higher pixel density, more portability, same features at $40 less.

I can top up and get a better battery with the money needed for the AC charger.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It baffles me as to why the DSi recieved so little boxed titles and mostly crappy DSi-Ware. It was far more capable than the DS, but Nintendo wanted to sell more games thus they chose not to alienate the users which still had DS Lite's and DS Classic's, thus they chose to introduce DSiEnhanced features instead.

Again, I think it was because of Nintendo's poor advertising thingy, like when people thought that the Wii U was just a controller.
People were like.,"Just a camera? That's it? What's the point?" and didn't buy it.
Thus, it's capabilities were never properly exploited.
EDIT: I hope they increase the resolution too. That was the DSiXL's biggest fault. Yeah, sure, bigger screen, but the games looked all pixelated. I hated playing Pokemon B/W on it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brace yourselves for the CPP XL!!

No seriously though dual analog isn't needed for any of the games on the system, you only need it if you're a leftie.
Which is why I don't get why Nintendo didn't include it, then again I don't think they want to piss people off like that.

The XL is bigger and makes games look ugly, I don't see the need to get this if you already have a standard 3DS with the exact same functions.

DS -> DS lite made the system smaller and the screens brighter.
This just makes it bigger...

Contrary to belief, the DSi XL actually looked really good. It scaled things very well.

It baffles me as to why the DSi receive so little boxed titles and mostly crappy DSi-Ware. It was far more capable than the DS, but Nintendo wanted to sell more games thus they chose not to alienate the users which still had DS Lite's and DS Classic's, thus they chose to introduce DSiEnhanced features instead.

It's the same reason why Pokemon Black and White 2 is a DS/DSi title, not a 3DS one specifically.

I'll be the first to say that the DSi had a lot, a loooot, of good DSiWare. Just had to look. As for why...well...the DSi got more shit from people than the 3DS did at first. It wasn't popular.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night