3ds XL alternative solder points?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zerp, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Zerp
    OP

Zerp Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2015
    United States
    I went about adding external controller support for my 3DS XL when I haven't touched a soldering iron in a long time. I messed up and ripped off two pads on the PCB (TP88 and TP69/Y button and X axis circle pad). Are there any other traces that I could use to fix this problem? I was thinking that I could probably solder a wire onto the big buttons themselves but I have no idea where I would be able to find an alternative trace for the X axis pad

2. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    If you lifted pads, i would not try any other points. Have someone who knows what they are doing solder for you.

3. Zerp
    OP

Zerp Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2015
    United States
    I'm literally finished with the mod outside of these two points that I messed up in the beginning. I was just hoping that somebody knew of a trace that I could use off the top of their heads

Edit:

I found some specs showing the circle pad itself and wired it directly to it. And I just wired up to the Y button, removing a bit of the plastic that's covering the button

Last edited by Zerp, Nov 10, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice