Aron88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings,

Due to a price drop in my country, I'm willing to buy the 3dsxl, but before that, I have a few questions for the community.

I read some topics here and there on this forum, and I know 3dsxl can't be hacked, but I can use a flashcart to run ROMs of DS, DSi. (Please tell me if I wrote something wrong).

Personally, I'm a pc gamer, and I don't like to spend 40 euros for a DS game, for this reason I'd like to buy this famous flashcarts, download roms and play them (I love the pokemon saga :D)

So my questions are:
- will I be able to use online features of the games? (if they exists, I'm really ignorant);
- will I lose my warranty using flashcarts to play downloaded games?
- what's the difference between playing with flashcarts and playing with an hacked DS?

Thank you all in advance!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you cannot run DSi roms, you can play The DS Mode of DSi games if it exists

1.yes you can only use online features but only the DS ones (pokemon B/W2, B/W1 are DSi games so you will loose the DSi features from them)
2.technically yes, you loose waranty but thats only if nintendo find out you have used a illegal device on teh console
3. a hacked DS doesnt exist, theres only flashcards, a Hacked DSi does (only 200 exist due to stopped very quickly)

also buy a decent flashcard for your 3DS
recommended a DSTwo as gives you the most features and allows to play GBA,SNES (good emulaiton of these only occurs on DSTwo) as well as all the common NES, GB. GBC etc
if you have to go for cheaper go for a R4ids.cn R4i Gold, dont go for any others as you will suffer with problems, blocked cards, game compatibility

Aron88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you cannot run DSi roms, you can play The DS Mode of DSi games if it exists

1.yes you can only use online features but only the DS ones (pokemon B/W2, B/W1 are DSi games so you will loose the DSi features from them)
2.technically yes, you loose waranty but thats only if nintendo find out you have used a illegal device on teh console
3. a hacked DS doesnt exist, theres only flashcards, a Hacked DSi does (only 200 exist due to stopped very quickly)

also buy a decent flashcard for your 3DS
recommended a DSTwo as gives you the most features and allows to play GBA,SNES (good emulaiton of these only occurs on DSTwo) as well as all the common NES, GB. GBC etc
if you have to go for cheaper go for a R4ids.cn R4i Gold, dont go for any others as you will suffer with problems, blocked cards, game compatibility

Thanks for your quickness.
So no online features for pokemon.. Starting with the fact that I have no idea what exactly are these features, do you personally think that playing pokemon online is a great improvement versus the single player only?

That topic was the first I read :D

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks for your quickness.
So no online features for pokemon.. Starting with the fact that I have no idea what exactly are these features, do you personally think that playing pokemon online is a great improvement versus the single player only?

well apart from trading and event pokemon there's not really need for online but to note if you want to use it the game will only run in DS mode on a flashcard
this means no 3DS apps will work (the scanner app and any that will work with X&Y for single system trades)
and no bonus 3DS hardware, meaning All DS games can only connect to WEP connection WiFi (which is highly unsecure) unless you host a Nintendo WiFi hotspot (my personal choice and what i use but the USB dongles are rare and expensive normally)
(if you have a physical cartridge rather than a flashcard you can use the 3DS's WiFi card and connect to all current WiFi security types)

Aron88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finally I bought the 3ds xl with pokemon white.

There are a lot of games I'd like to play, but I honestly cannot buy each one of them.
I read almost everything (I hope) about flashcarts, but I've seen very few about risks. So I'd like to know:
- it's 100% sure I'll lose my warranty? Why?
- can the flashcart modify internal ds software?
- when I decide to remove the flashcart, will my ds be back to normal?

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Finally I bought the 3ds xl with pokemon white.

There are a lot of games I'd like to play, but I honestly cannot buy each one of them.
I read almost everything (I hope) about flashcarts, but I've seen very few about risks. So I'd like to know:
- it's 100% sure I'll lose my warranty? Why?
- can the flashcart modify internal ds software?
- when I decide to remove the flashcart, will my ds be back to normal?

They behave in the same way as game cartidges

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh