3DS wont boot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TeggyDave, Oct 31, 2016.

1. TeggyDave
    OP

TeggyDave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    okay i have a O3DS that i just installed luma on, downgraded from 9.2 to 2.2 did the whole shebang then updated to 11.2 through system settings software update, i confirmed i still had access to luma by holding select while booting but i didnt have access to arm9loaderhax / hourglass, Holding Start button just booted up the system normally, so i shut down my 3ds and removed the sd card. Then on my laptop i redownloaded all the files to the sd card and reinstalled the sd card to my 3ds. As i hit the power button waiting for it to boot i looked away and when i looked back it was still off, so i figured the battery is probably dead or something, so i plug in the charger the orange led comes on and i hit the power button again. The blue power led comes on for like one whole second and shuts back off, the displays dont turn on or anything.

anybody has any idea whats up ?

2. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Check if you have arm9loaderhax.bin(Luma3ds) in the root of your SD card.

TeggyDave likes this.
  3. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Hi,

Is the SD Card's in there ? You can't boot A9LH without sd card.
    Have you got the "arm9loaderhax.bin" placed on the SD Card's root ?

TeggyDave likes this.
  4. TeggyDave
    OP

TeggyDave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    WOW THAT WAS REALLY THE ISSUE ?????? thanks so much guys i was googling this for HOURS and i couldnt find anything relevant to my issue, maybe i was looking wrong, that was definetly the issue, once i added the .bin to the root it booted right up.

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Yeah. A9LH needs arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card

6. TeggyDave
    OP

TeggyDave Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2016
    United States
    now i still have to figure out how to get hourglass / decrypt9 to start up lol, i probably missed a few steps on plailect's guide.

7. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    make sure you have start_Hourglass.bin on your luma/payloads folder in order to boot Hourglass using start button upon boot.

8. addi33

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thats wrong you can surely boot A9LH without SD Card

9. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    In order to do that you have to have the latest A9LH installed and inject luma into ctrnand root.

If those conditions aren't met, then A9LH shuts down to protect the system.

10. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    I didn't knew nor saw that you could boot A9LH without SD Card. It's possible ONLY on New3DS afaik.