Hacking 3DS wont boot

TeggyDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i have a O3DS that i just installed luma on, downgraded from 9.2 to 2.2 did the whole shebang then updated to 11.2 through system settings software update, i confirmed i still had access to luma by holding select while booting but i didnt have access to arm9loaderhax / hourglass, Holding Start button just booted up the system normally, so i shut down my 3ds and removed the sd card. Then on my laptop i redownloaded all the files to the sd card and reinstalled the sd card to my 3ds. As i hit the power button waiting for it to boot i looked away and when i looked back it was still off, so i figured the battery is probably dead or something, so i plug in the charger the orange led comes on and i hit the power button again. The blue power led comes on for like one whole second and shuts back off, the displays dont turn on or anything.

anybody has any idea whats up ?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i have a O3DS that i just installed luma on, downgraded from 9.2 to 2.2 did the whole shebang then updated to 11.2 through system settings software update, i confirmed i still had access to luma by holding select while booting but i didnt have access to arm9loaderhax / hourglass, Holding Start button just booted up the system normally, so i shut down my 3ds and removed the sd card. Then on my laptop i redownloaded all the files to the sd card and reinstalled the sd card to my 3ds. As i hit the power button waiting for it to boot i looked away and when i looked back it was still off, so i figured the battery is probably dead or something, so i plug in the charger the orange led comes on and i hit the power button again. The blue power led comes on for like one whole second and shuts back off, the displays dont turn on or anything.

anybody has any idea whats up ?

Check if you have arm9loaderhax.bin(Luma3ds) in the root of your SD card.

Reactions: TeggyDave

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is the SD Card's in there ? You can't boot A9LH without sd card.
Have you got the "arm9loaderhax.bin" placed on the SD Card's root ?

Reactions: TeggyDave

TeggyDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW THAT WAS REALLY THE ISSUE ?????? thanks so much guys i was googling this for HOURS and i couldnt find anything relevant to my issue, maybe i was looking wrong, that was definetly the issue, once i added the .bin to the root it booted right up.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW THAT WAS REALLY THE ISSUE ?????? thanks so much guys i was googling this for HOURS and i couldnt find anything relevant to my issue, maybe i was looking wrong, that was definetly the issue, once i added the .bin to the root it booted right up.
Yeah. A9LH needs arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card

TeggyDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i still have to figure out how to get hourglass / decrypt9 to start up lol, i probably missed a few steps on plailect's guide.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i still have to figure out how to get hourglass / decrypt9 to start up lol, i probably missed a few steps on plailect's guide.
make sure you have start_Hourglass.bin on your luma/payloads folder in order to boot Hourglass using start button upon boot.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats wrong you can surely boot A9LH without SD Card

In order to do that you have to have the latest A9LH installed and inject luma into ctrnand root.

If those conditions aren't met, then A9LH shuts down to protect the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process