• Thread starter Bladeforce
  • Start date
  • Views 23,417
  • Replies 168

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DSi, PSP and iTouch. My main two I use are DSi and iTouch. I'm not the only person like this, loads of people at my college have both iPod and DS. I feel the iPod is more for music and time killing whilst my DS is for entertainment. PSP is just there for Fifa and Family Guy the Game. I used to use my PSP 24/7 before I got my DS and iPod. But it just seems to have gone downhill.

I always think people buy both a handheld and a MP3 player. Its like it in my area and where I live. they seem to have their ipod, and then a handheld aswell.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that I am not a fanboy. I like xbox360 for the controller, online gaming is superb, and the games are tons of fun. PS2 has the best games, and the best controller (idk why they ruined it with ps3 and made it so sensitive). And Nintendo has my handhelds.

I would have to say, the major factor in what people play is the game selection. It doesn't matter what the system can do as long as it has fun games. or vice versa, it could be the best possible system ever, but if it aint got no games, it aint gonna sell.

That's my beef with psp. I don't like any of the games for it. Nintendo, being around for so long, has one series of games that I know I love, and I know other people know they love. It's called pokemon. The best idea ever. And the fact that they can remake the games and make tons of money is super sweet.

That's the thing sony psp doesn't have. A great game that sells. Nintendo knows how to sell to the casual gamer, as well as to kids. Those are the people who will make them the most money. That's why Wii is like the most selling system ever.

/rant.

p.s. I hate the wii. No games for people like me, who aren't casual gamers.

EDIT: I would never consider using my ds or psp as a music device. They are far too big compared to the ipod. And the ipod holds a lot more music. (120 gb is way more than any memstick, which would also be holding game saves and DL games)

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
If you had any doubt about who Sony (and Nintendo) fear for taking some of their entertainment dollars away:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZEuW9tjHY

Sony seems to be defending their honour vigorously
smile.gif
- or at least humorously

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
If you had any doubt about who Sony (and Nintendo) fear for taking some of their entertainment dollars away:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZEuW9tjHY

Sony seems to be defending their honour vigorously
smile.gif
- or at least humorously

Yeah, console manufacturers tend to make really obvious marketing slander...SEGA during the 90s comes to mind...

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh. this is getting stupid. if they had the internet back then, people would prob be arguing whether the gameboy can kill off the gamegear or lynx or some other handheld.

i think sony's problem is that they try to force the issue. yeah, they dominated for 2 generations with the playstation and playstation 2, so much so that they've spawned a breed of so-called "hardcore gamers" who like to call other things such crap as "shovelware" or "casual gamer" or whatever. they thought that with the success of the playstation, and it's "introduction" of the CD, and the PS2 with the DVD (sort of, anyway) they can dominate with the PS3 and the blu-ray. well, let's just say microsoft almost beat them were it not for the RROD, and nintendo just waved a magic stick and they were barely hanging for the first few years of production.

so, anyway, they decide, like with their home consoles, they'd try the handheld market as well. wrong move. let's straighten this out, ok? they come out in the handheld arena, bragging about "better graphics" "multimedia compatibility" etc. they also challenged nintendo, who by then kind of decided to turn things up a bit (leaving the successful gameboy line behind) and creating the DS. some people here say "no competition means higher price point" i beg to differ. was the GBA overpriced when there was no other handheld? did nintendo overprice the DS? nope. sony, however, overpriced their PSP. (it was 21000 here at launch if you "wanted" the bundle) so, anyway, several iterations later, here we are with the DSi (XL) and the PSP Go. People shouted "gimmick on the DSi for the cameras, and so on and so forth. fine by nintendo, who then make 3DS, which now has a logical use of the camera(s). will sony go after that? maybe, maybe not. but i would not be surprised if it does go the way of the gamegear, or the lynx.

PS
i think what's wrong with modern gamers is that they've spent too much time with so-called "hardcore gamers" who demand graphics, audio, loading times, etc etc etc, which isn't really the point of video games. the whole point is having fun with it. i wouldn't call anything crap or shovelware, or casual game if there was one person on earth who liked it. why push my taste in games to others? why insist which company is better than the others? people know what they want, let them be. if it's sony, microsoft, nintendo, or (gasp!) apple, so be it.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
omg lots of reading... im not wasting my time... but i did want to let you know... if no one else has said this.... sony is rumored to be working on a new hand held with google... RUMOR at this point but still could be interesting.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sony cant implement a 3d screen in psp2 because they be shooting there tv industry in the foot.

Nintendo already shot them in the foot by announcing the 3DS, sony doesn't need to and wont make the wound bigger, especially after spending billions on advertising there 3d TV's.

Just imagine an average person walking past the 3DS, and thinking "wow I can watch 3D movies without glasses," and then he's gonna ask himself "how come the 3d tv's have glasses?". He's not gonna spend money on buying a new tv when he thinks new tvs should have this too. He's gonna wait untll new tvs can play 3d without glasses.

Which works really well for samsung, because they are going to be the ones most likely to achieve this, considering there the ones who are paying the research.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unless buddy doesn't wanna watch all his 3d movies on a tiny-ass screen and lives with his family, who may all wanna watch movies too. The 3DS will NEVER replace a 3D TV, that's just silly.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
meh. this is getting stupid. if they had the internet back then, people would prob be arguing whether the gameboy can kill off the gamegear or lynx or some other handheld.

The console/format wars back then were even more petty and childish than they are now, they were just played out in magazine letters pages and the editorial sections of magazines which catered for one system.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Overman1977 said:
unless buddy doesn't wanna watch all his 3d movies on a tiny-ass screen and lives with his family, who may all wanna watch movies too. The 3DS will NEVER replace a 3D TV, that's just silly.

I never meant to say that a 3DS will replace a home tv. I meant the average person doesnt know that glasses free technology is not yet suitable for big screen. But when he see's the 3ds screen hes going to thing that large tvs should be able to do this, and this alone should be enough to make him wait, before buying a tv. Tvs are thought as a long term investment, nobody is going to buy a a new tv, when they think that something new type of tv is coming out in a year or two.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Masterpaul said:
Overman1977 said:

I never meant to say that a 3DS will replace a home tv. I meant the average person doesnt know that glasses free technology is not yet suitable for big screen. But when he see's the 3ds screen hes going to thing that large tvs should be able to do this, and this alone should be enough to make him wait, before buying a tv. Tvs are thought as a long term investment, nobody is going to buy a a new tv, when they think that something new type of tv is coming out in a year or two.

ok, point taken....and you're right, but there's always the neophiles out there...and enough of them to make any company a ton of cash no matter how temporary the 'new' tech is.

issy12

Trophies
XP
Country
why are we even arguing which hand held is better? I followed the advice of this community and bought a DS Lite and months later i was trading it in for a psp. I am not saying the PSP is better. All I am saying is that they are both great handhelds but everyone has different opinions. I prefered better graphics to a wider library of games. Many people have not yet tried out a 3DS and everything is just rumour/speculation. Of course we KNOW that it's going to have 3D screen (no sh*t) but that does not necessarily make it a better handheld by far, and the screen is still pretty small. all credit to nintendo though because i think nintendo are great at introducing new technology (wii and now 3D without glasses).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the fuck would anyone necrobump this worthless piece of shit topic?

Seriously, who wants the spell the end to gaming for ANY console? You don't have to buy it. If you don't like it, big fucking deal, don't buy it ya jackwagon. If you want to try to bring down another console that people like just because you're too much of a stupid dumbfuck then you shouldn't even be allowed to comment on video gaming.

4K475UK1

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
issy12 said:
why are we even arguing which hand held is better? I followed the advice of this community and bought a DS Lite and months later i was trading it in for a psp. I am not saying the PSP is better. All I am saying is that they are both great handhelds but everyone has different opinions. I prefered better graphics to a wider library of games. Many people have not yet tried out a 3DS and everything is just rumour/speculation. Of course we KNOW that it's going to have 3D screen (no sh*t) but that does not necessarily make it a better handheld by far, and the screen is still pretty small. all credit to nintendo though because i think nintendo are great at introducing new technology (wii and now 3D without glasses).
OMG the peace maker makes sense!

4K475UK1

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Piracy does affect sales, so many games I would have bought if it was not for piracy.
True, but on a different note i tought your thing under the avatar said gay gamer and proud (sorry if it's offensive)
P.S how do you get those words under your avatr?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guild McCommunist said:
Why the fuck would anyone necrobump this worthless piece of shit topic?

Seriously, who wants the spell the end to gaming for ANY console? You don't have to buy it. If you don't like it, big fucking deal, don't buy it ya jackwagon. If you want to try to bring down another console that people like just because you're too much of a stupid dumbfuck then you shouldn't even be allowed to comment on video gaming.

Profane, perhaps, but I agree. There shouldn't be a battle between Nintendo users and Sony users. We're being offered different gaming solutions, and we get the freedom to pick from them, or have them all. Why would we want to eliminate one of them, just because we don't own it?

Myself? I have a PSP. But it's been sitting up on the shelf lately.

Edit: 4K475UK1, get your postcount to 500 and you can get yourself a custom title like mine.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
dreary79 said:
Sterl500 said:
This sounds like Nintendo Fanboyism. The PSP is a great console, and what killed it in my opinion was piracy. This sounds like Sony "Fanboyism". Sony has blamed the PSP's failures on piracy from the start. But how can that be with so many Wii and DS pirates out there? Or is the Wii and DS failing as well?

QUOTE(Sterl500 @ Jul 16 2010, 06:30 PM) Apple isn't a competitor in the handheld gaming market. They make smart phones, and nice music devices with the added perk of DLC made by game developers, and regular people.
Where have you been? Nintendo has come out and said that Apple is their biggest threat.
I have all three of those handhelds, and I can tell you right now I am one of the most open minded people when it comes to game systems. I can take pics if you want.

PSP: I like it because when hacked it does exactly what I want with a handheld. Which is why I will be getting an open Pandora. @ the people that think pirating isn't easy on the PSP: If you buy the 1000, it's cake. I downloaded the stuff, and did it in 10 minutes. Other revisions not so much.

DS: It has a large library of games, unfortunently 3/5 of this library is Shovelware. Piracy on the DS is simple as well, and it is easier than PSP.

iPhone/touch: Anyone who says this is a gaming console is crazy. Zero native button control, flooded with shovel ware, and games that have half way intuitive touch controls. I found the only good games are the simple puzzle style games, tower defense games, arcade games, board games, and a few RPG games. The place Apple shines is useful third party apps, that have some sort of function in the real world: eg. GPS, Calculators, Restaurant finders, planners, etc. This is why the aren't even close to taking a market share in a dedicated game console market.

I am positive I am no fanboy, and so far I have liked Nintendo the best. Kay Thanks Bye.

Everything you said is 100% correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...