3DS > Wii emulation switching

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 0bvious, Apr 19, 2016.

1. 0bvious
    OP

0bvious GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    This is probably not a new idea, but it only came to me today, and worked a charm.

I have an old Wii permanently plugged into my TV, which I use occasionally to play SNES emulation. I realised that I could setup the SD card on my 3DS to function for the Wii too, just by copying a few folders and files and changing a .conf file or two.

So now I can take my SD from my 3DS, put it straight into my Wii, boot up, load my favourite emulator (SNESGX) and wham - play my in progress blargSNES ROMs and saves from the same folder!

Life changing stuff. Super Metroid in my pocket, and then when I am home straight onto my HD TV, without any hassle.

Hoping this is useful to someone else. I am sure it could be repeated for WiiU or other systems that take an SD card.

2. PaiiNSteven

PaiiNSteven Newbie

ayyyy lmao
    This would be really useful for some people. I have no use for it since I just use my 3DS.

3. UyakenCracken

UyakenCracken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2016
    United States
  4. Ricken

Ricken Emotionless and white

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    This is practically a necessity for the Chrono Trigger lock after the ending is selected (aka trial)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice