Gaming 3DS Vs Vita-This time its different.

WetSunshine386

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will both turn out great the 3DS launch was not the best but a systems library does not turn up over night. we will have to wait and see

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
We should not forget the 3DS is the only new Gen handheld in the market. This means Nintendo can take the role of a monopolist. I.e. sell at high prices and don't care about super-duper games.

But you'll mark my words, it's all going to change with the release of the Vita. There will be a price cut of around 50 bucks and MAGICALLY all the good releases are confirmed for late 2011 - early 2012: Mario Cart, Super Mario, Kid Icarus, MGS, Tekken, Ace Combat, proper Resident Evil, Sonic Generations, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario and Animal Crossing sometime in 2012 as well. So... I think this shows pretty much.They just got their really big titles planned for the real fight, that's all.

Even now, I can't complain. We already have a very decent arrange to play: Street Fighter,DoA, Zelda,Resident Evil,Ridge Racer, Pilotwings, optionally Steel Diver. That might not be too grand, but that's not bad.

As for the Vita, it's pluses are evident, but there are points of concern.First, gimmics.The touch panel was noted to be used most artificially in Uncharted. Then, the design: man, it's downright huge, while the 3ds is very well designed this time. Graphics: yes mindblowing right now, but the PSP clearly showed the graphics-only competition is very problematic: Apple or Android devices updated with incredible speed will definately outperform it in several years. And than again, you get fed up with graphics quickly. You won't marvel on the 10th game you launch,you'll need some game play instead. And for this, I only see two titles that are shaping to be freaking masterpieces - Uncharted and Wipeout. Both are first party. And finally, the thing that bothers me is the same old Sony concept: the Vita is the PS3 in your pocket.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Nintendo is gonna do what Nintendo did last gen; Cater to the casuals. The 3DS is in no way gonna lose, as it basically has no competition in what it's doing: casuals. The Vita will cater to "core", and the 3DS will cater to "casual".

Both will do fantastic, in my opinion.

I'm getting both. It's not really correct to compare the two.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't lower the price this early on in the game. But at the same price, the PSVita shoots the 3DS out of the water so long as it delivers with the correct games. Hardware wise, I'd prefer the PSVita over the 3DS any day.

Garchomp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Nintendo won't lower the price this early on in the game. But at the same price, the PSVita shoots the 3DS out of the water so long as it delivers with the correct games. Hardware wise, I'd prefer the PSVita over the 3DS any day.

I won't be getting either of them any time soon. But I've always been a Nintendo fan and my brother a Sony fan. I have to say the PSP was pretty good especially with the easy hacks u just need that memory card for. But Nintendo has some really good stuff too, software and hacking-wise.

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
only reason I'd buy the PSP is for Monster Hunter, which will probably never come to europe.
and for as far as I know, PSPVita is like the DSi but with 1 differents, only the touch-screen :S
no thank you, 3DS for me...
I've seen the virtual fighter and zelda port game, also the 3D and I'd like to say: Wow ... just wow...
and those game are just out... just think about it, in a few months, there'll be a pokemon games where you can count the scales or something
tongue.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YetoJesse said:
only reason I'd buy the PSP is for Monster Hunter, which will probably never come to europe.
and for as far as I know, PSPVita is like the DSi but with 1 differents, only the touch-screen :S
no thank you, 3DS for me...
I've seen the virtual fighter and zelda port game, also the 3D and I'd like to say: Wow ... just wow...
and those game are just out... just think about it, in a few months, there'll be a pokemon games where you can count the scales or something
tongue.gif

Than you clearly know jack shit.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Don't count Nintendo out yet. A system is measured by its games. The most powerful game system in the world is shitty unless it has good software titles to back it up. And there's a rather large amount of quality 3DS titles announced for the holidays and 2012.

Nick Nack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was always a nintendo fanboy.Now with the 3DS i feel like i must not trust too much nintendo.nintendo released it very fast.They could release it now with a lot of improvements and better launch titles.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's my beef with nintendo and the 3DS right now, we got super mario ( seen before), paper mario ( seen before), zelda( seen alot before), starfox ( seen before), kid icarus ( seen before), mario kart ( seen before), and sooner or later we'll see a pokemon or castlevania,

Now before ya'll get all fanboy on me, I love these games as much as the next guy, but I want a brand new game, completely brand new. like how inFamous was on the ps3, or gears of war was on the 360.... sure, they can keep using the same old game IP's, but at some point they have to start on some new IPs.

How about a new RPG that we haven't seen for the 7th or 8th times, or a new shooter, or a new action adventure....
I want to see new games that are not a sequel or remake, or port, etc.
Nintendo is relying too much on there past games

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoMee said:
Here's my beef with nintendo and the 3DS right now, we got super mario ( seen before), paper mario ( seen before), zelda( seen alot before), starfox ( seen before), kid icarus ( seen before), mario kart ( seen before), and sooner or later we'll see a pokemon or castlevania,

Now before ya'll get all fanboy on me, I love these games as much as the next guy, but I want a brand new game, completely brand new. like how inFamous was on the ps3, or gears of war was on the 360.... sure, they can keep using the same old game IP's, but at some point they have to start on some new IPs.

How about a new RPG that we haven't seen for the 7th or 8th times, or a new shooter, or a new action adventure....
I want to see new games that are not a sequel or remake, or port, etc.
Nintendo is relying too much on there past games

BUT those past games are improved!
rolleyes.gif
Also there is a 3rd Gears of War coming. Call me crazy but this goes the same like Metriod etc.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
BUT those past games are improved!
rolleyes.gif
Also there is a 3rd Gears of War coming. Call me crazy but this goes the same like Metriod etc.

my point is when the xbox 360 first came out they made new games for it like gears of wars, lost odyssey, etc
but with the 3DS it's just more of the same, ports, remakes, and new version of past games, it’s living on the past success of traditional Nintendo franchises.

And yes I want to see new games from the vita as well

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Both 3DS and PSV have flaws. Truth be told.

Sorry, but the PSV is yet to be released, what flaws?

As of now we know no downside, not sure why you're assuming there are flaws on something that's not released yet.

3DS is a rehash of a system with an added and pretty 'flat' gimmick. Nintendo has been all about releasing new edges to each system to keep each rehashed game fresh. (Not complaining, I'm a huge fan of Zelda and Mario.) This time around though, they added a visual change that alters gameplay minimally, I don't think it's going to be enough to keep things fresh this time around, which means they actually have to put effort into the games their releasing this time around. Guess what though? Most of their money and power are going into the software and hardware of the Wii U.

PSP had very few games, so I'm hoping that the PSV can rectify that, if it can, that I'm guessing that the PSV will win this round hands down.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion I think that the vita may just end up getting left behind. Think about it. People seem to be obsesed with this whole 3D thing (no clue why) but just maybe nintendo has gotten on the wagon a bit too early. I mean they said they wanted this system to create a new form of media and so far theres no no gaming 3RD party support for it (as in companys arent using the AR features of the 3DS to offer content or the spotpass and I think like 3 sites actually USE the 3DS 3D support. Im sure once these 3D smart phones take off the 3DS will stop looking like a gimmicky let down and more like a compadible piece of technology. And remeber we dont know how much PSV games will be for all we know it could cost 50-60 bucks a game. Im not saying the vita wont be good but I am saying that sony seems to be trying to blast away nintendo with a portable ps3 even if thier the same price.

"3DS is a rehash of a system with an added and pretty 'flat' gimmick."
Icwhutudidthar. and it was pretty cheesy
dry.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
RoMee said:
Here's my beef with nintendo and the 3DS right now, we got super mario ( seen before), paper mario ( seen before), zelda( seen alot before), starfox ( seen before), kid icarus ( seen before), mario kart ( seen before), and sooner or later we'll see a pokemon or castlevania
I can agree with all of that except Icarus. Icarus' only game is an 8 bit 2D platformer who's gameplay is completely dissimilar from this new Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's like saying Super Mario Galaxy is a rehash of Donkey Kong.

All the rest though, you have a point. But frankly I'm never going to be tired of Nintendo's first party series.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the price of the 3DS has kept my wallet closed. I'm inclined to think that they will drop the price after the Vita comes out.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really care who wins, I just want good games. PSVita doesn't interest me at all, when a MGS or KH is released then I'll probs get one.

Nintendo is Nintendo they been at it for the past 25 years, they know how to turn it around, heck IMO they have been clever pricing their handheld at $250 and now they can reduce price to complete with their competitor.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
SamAsh07 said:
3D hardware manufacturing costs more than high res graphics hardware
[citation needed]

QUOTE(RoMee @ Jul 11 2011, 09:30 PM) Here's my beef with nintendo and the 3DS right now, we got super mario ( seen before), paper mario ( seen before), zelda( seen alot before), starfox ( seen before), kid icarus ( seen before), mario kart ( seen before), and sooner or later we'll see a pokemon or castlevania,
But on the other hand that's one of the advantages of a Nintendo console. You know that with every Nintendo console you can count on a few titles coming out, 3rd party devs notwithstanding, and that those titles will be great games. You know that the 3DS will get a Super Mario game, and a Zelda game, and MarioKart, and Metroid, and Pokemon, and Advance Wars (and that's why I'm always confused at all the "ZOMG Super Mario confirmed for 3DS" threads, I mean, it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone), and that those titles will be quality games. And that's one thing the 3DS has going for it that the Vita doesn't; it's very dependent on the success and draw of 3rd party titles and the hit-or-miss risk of new IP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7