3ds vs ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mike a, Apr 1, 2016.

1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    ok, currently I have a ds lite, and I was thinking about either replacing it w/ another one, or getting a 3ds. I make giftcards on a site called swagbucks, and a ds lite would be 2 giftcards, and a 3ds would be 5 giftcards.

I have a r4isdhc gold pro 2016 flashcart, and I know if I got a 3ds it would have the latest firmware, but I think my flashcart would work on it.

I am very interested in emulation, and especially gba, and I want to also know if I could put a decent gba emulator on a 3ds if I were to get it. and I know that on my ds lite, I could get a flashcart for the slot 2.

so what I wanna know is, should I save for a 3ds, or should I just get a new ds lite?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Actually, most 3DSes you would find in stores right now will be 10.3 or under, which you can downgrade for free to the fully hackable 9.2...

The generally preferred GBA emulator is MGBA, then there are virtual console injections which run perfectly even on non-New consoles but without typical emulator features (exactly like a slot2 flashcard!

So, given that you can also get access 3DS games, some form of 3DS is probably the overall best choice: but if you only want GBA/DS, the pre-DSi consoles have much better batteries...

3. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    How bad is a 3ds battery life? That is a big reason I liked ds lite.

And the firmware on my card can hack up to 10.2 3ds I think

And the 3ds is the old 3ds I'd be getting the original one

4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    oh god,,, swagbucks,,, [[has vietnam war flashbacks]]
    The battery life can be shit if you constantly play Smash online with 3D on full, but if you don't use 3D often if at all, don't play online that often or don't play many resource-intensive games, then you should be fine for the most part.

Red9419 likes this.
  5. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Lol you know what swagbucks is! This may be off topic, but I got paid to sign up for uber like 5 times and used the names ahem... clark kent, Peter parker, and yes Peewee herman. That's right uber paid me to sign up as Peewee Herman

But the battery life is a huge one for me, I won't be playing online much hell I don't even know how to get online on a normal ds. Playing in 3d sounds like fun though and I'd be excited to try some of the new games. I never played any 3ds games, I only know of a handful of 3ds games that exist lol. But yes battery life is a major thing I'm looking at

Last edited by mike a, Apr 2, 2016
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  6. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    well, im also noticing a lot of the 3ds games, uh kinda suck lol there's a few good ones,, but not many at all

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    What? Where are you looking? There's tons of good ones.

8. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    i was looking on wikki, I googled list of 3ds games,, honestly I do not like pokemon, and it seems a lot are for lil kids, the castlevania looks like it sucks, but the eden game, the zeldas, resident evils, rune factory all look good

9. Edrian

Edrian Ello

Feb 22, 2016
    Belize
    Then there shouldn't really be a reason not to get a 3DS :P You're bound to find something that you'll like.

10. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Hell I just found out that it isn't the old 3ds like the guy said it's the old 3ds xl lol hell ya