Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3ds blah blah blah
Vita blah blah blah
We all know what we waiting for...
ScreenShot746.jpg

you gonna have to wait a long time... until kingdom come.

When will microsoft actually release a handheld? Sony and Nintendo already have, so what is Microsoft waiting for?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
When will microsoft actually release a handheld? Sony and Nintendo already have, so what is Microsoft waiting for?
There's no niche for Microsoft to fill.

Sony already has the "uber-powerful" handheld. Microsoft doesn't have enough popular IPs like Nintendo does to release a new handheld and have it be a success.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no niche for Microsoft to fill.

Sony already has the "uber-powerful" handheld. Microsoft doesn't have enough popular IPs like Nintendo does to release a new handheld and have it be a success.

well, I Know that Microsoft's handheld, if there ever will be one, wouldn't be a succes, but It would be better for us, more competition between the companies so cheaper handhelds for us right?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well, I Know that Microsoft's handheld, if there ever will be one, wouldn't be a succes, but It would be better for us, more competition between the companies so cheaper handhelds for us right?
Microsoft has a handheld platform, they had a handheld platform since 2002, it's called Windows Mobile.

They have no plans to enter the handheld console market - they wish to add proper gaming functionality to future Windows Phone revisions and they want to encourage developers to design phones that will utilize it to its fullest as far as I know.

Everybody was suprised that Microsoft actually entered the console scene with the original XBox - don't expect them to enter the handheld scene the same way anytime soon. They don't even produce phones as of today, handhelds are just not their thing.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got nothing against Microsoft,but Sony and Nintendo is enough for my gaming needs.
Pfffft!
With closed minds like that no wonder that the WonderSwan never left Japan... It had so many promising games that never made it over here. D=
(It was friggin Bandai which means tons of anime and gundam games). =(

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got nothing against Microsoft,but Sony and Nintendo is enough for my gaming needs.
Pfffft!
With closed minds like that no wonder that the WonderSwan never left Japan... It had so many promising games that never made it over here. D=
(It was friggin Bandai which means tons of anime and gundam games). =(
I meant as a whole, not just those two companies. :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have something against Microsoft. The something is called "Live"
It's better than f*cking WFC/Nintendo Network in every way imaginable. Sure you gotta pay for it, but at least it "supports useful things" - no friend code bull*hit, proper voice chat (unlike Wii Voice or however that box is called), proper gamer profiles, proper store - what more would anyone want?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have something against Microsoft. The something is called "Live"
It's better than f*cking WFC/Nintendo Network in every way imaginable. Sure you gotta pay for it, but at least it "supports useful things" - no friend code bull*hit, proper voice chat (unlike Wii Voice or however that box is called), proper gamer profiles, proper store - what more would anyone want?
It's the whole "having to subscribe so I can access the store to buy more things" that I have the problem with.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
It's the whole "having to subscribe so I can access the store to buy more things" that I have the problem with.
Xbox Live is the best online network available on game consoles. Silly to complain about it when it's much better than the competition.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
XBox Live Gold is a service separate from the console with its own fees and rules, much like PSN+.

(Also, welcome to the EoF, XBL Gold fees are incredibly stupid and nobody should be forced to pay for playing multiplayer games he or she already paid for, we're in the 21st century.)

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XBox Live Gold is a service separate from the console with its own fees and rules, much like PSN+.

(Also, welcome to the EoF, XBL Gold fees are incredibly stupid and nobody should be forced to pay for playing multiplayer games he or she already paid for, we're in the 21st century.)
fixed

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fixed

Fixed
Dont mess wit his shiz mang

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fixed

Fixed
Dont mess wit his shiz mang
fixed
What now? B-)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Anyone played that game?