Country
Poland
PortStation Vita

;o;
Portendo 3DS

;o;
PSVita owners should just deal with it, we got the best system out of the two

;o;
PSVita and 3DS owners should just deal with the fact that both systems suck and the fact that the DS and the PSP are still da bomb and will remain to be da bomb for at least a year.

Now cry and go play Mario Fart 7, Super Mario Rehash 3D, "Metal Gear Not-So-Solid-20-FPS - Naked Jaggies", Zelda: Ocarina Yet Another Bloody Time, Splinter Bug: Horrible Port Theory or some other bad game.

;o;

Reactions: 3 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
PortStation Vita

;o;
Portendo 3DS

;o;
PSVita owners should just deal with it, we got the best system out of the two

;o;
PSVita and 3DS owners should just deal with the fact that both systems suck and the fact that the DS and the PSP are still da bomb and will remain to be da bomb for at least a year.

Now cry and go play Mario Fart 7, Super Mario Rehash 3D, Metal Gear Solid-30-FPS - Naked Jaggies, Zelda: Ocarina Yet Another Bloody Time, Splinter Bug: Horrible Port Theory or some other bad game.

;o;

Oh god, HAHAHA, I LOST IT!

Reactions: 1 person

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I played both version for a little bit and....

- PS2 version had slowdowns on the world-map, the 3DS fixed this with only some minor drops
- OH MY GOD, ONE SPELLING ERROR
- Textures are the same, they only seem blurry due to the lower resolution
- Massively reduced load-times
- Battle frame-rate has dropped to stable 30FPS but field framerate is stable at 30FPS unlike the PS2 version.

The 3DS version is superior because of the touch-screen, stable frame-rate and load-times.

Those load times
~VID SNIP~

First of all, play both of them fully before you give your opinion because

-3DS version has large slowdowns during battle especially when fighting the cameo battle and the hidden boss.
-THAT ONE SPELLING ERROR IS A REPRESENTATION TO A HANDFUL OF ONES THAT I FOUND
-Fair enough
-Another good point on the 3DS'
-Again I refer to the cameo battle and hidden boss

The JPN PS2 ver had notoriously long loading times that were fixed in the NA version.
Even then the 3DS version was better in that aspect.
Also 3DS corrected a load of bugs that the PS2 version had which you neglected to mention. And in turn gained several more (or so I have heard >_>)

D

Deleted_171835

OP
First of all, play both of them fully before you give your opinion because

-3DS version has large slowdowns during battle especially when fighting the cameo battle and the hidden boss.
-THAT ONE SPELLING ERROR IS A REPRESENTATION TO A HANDFUL OF ONES THAT I FOUND
-Fair enough
-Another good point on the 3DS'
-Again I refer to the cameo battle and hidden boss

The JPN PS2 ver had notoriously long loading times that were fixed in the NA version.
Even then the 3DS version was better in that aspect.
Also 3DS corrected a load of bugs that the PS2 version had which you neglected to mention. And in turn gained several more (or so I have heard >_>)
Two bosses aren't a huge issue and even then it's only minor slowdown. I haven't tried those but once again, that's just nitpicking. The majority of battles run just fine and at a stable framerate.

Spelling errors are minor issues. Bitching about that if also nitpicking.

I just checked the Cameo battle online and it isn't even that bad.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Now cry and go play Mario Fart 7, Super Mario Rehash 3D, "Metal Gear Not-So-Solid-20-FPS - Naked Jaggies", Zelda: Ocarina Yet Another Bloody Time, Splinter Bug: Horrible Port Theory or some other bad game.

;o;
Did you forget about Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Mercenaries, Mighty Switch Force, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Pushmo, Tri G (enhanced port at 60FPS), Rhythm Thief, Theatrhythm, Kid Icarus: Uprising (an extremely good game), Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and Mutant Mudds? Not to mention the multitude of upcoming games (unlike the Vita!).

Oh and shitting on Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land is something you just don't do. Those are both really good games.

For a system that has only been out for a year and a couple months, this is a really good game library.

3DS > Vita
;o;

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Two bosses aren't a huge issue and even then it's only minor slowdown. I haven't tried those but once again, that's just nitpicking. The majority of battles run just fine and at a stable framerate.

Spelling errors are minor issues. Bitching about that if also nitpicking.

I just checked the Cameo battle online and it isn't even that bad.
~SNIP~
What?
Not that bad? Compared to the PS2 version, it's pretty awful.
The first thing I skipped to was Luke's mystic arte, which slowed down tremendously. That didn't happen in the PS2 version.

And I moan about spelling issues because they already had the English script from the PS2 version. It's just confusing how they could make those errors when it was already translated.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
What?
Not that bad? Compared to the PS2 version, it's pretty awful.
The first thing I skipped to was Luke's mystic arte, which slowed down tremendously. That didn't happen in the PS2 version.

And I moan about spelling issues because they already had the English script from the PS2 version. It's just confusing how they could make those errors when it was already translated.
Compared to the PS2 version, it's superior because of the load times.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good port. Some slight slow-down doesn't change that.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
ITT people bitch about which new handheld is better, even though they're both really shitty.

Foxi had it right, the DS and the PSP shit on the 3DS and the Vita hard.
no shit, the DS and PSP have been out for 5+ years now.

But for the year that the 3DS has been out, it's pretty good.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ITT people bitch about which new handheld is better, even though they're both really shitty.

Foxi had it right, the DS and the PSP shit on the 3DS and the Vita hard.
no shit, the DS and PSP have been out for 5+ years now.

But for the year that the 3DS has been out, it's pretty shit, along with the Vita.

EDIT: I've owned both for a long period of time and I can say that I dislike both equally.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
But for the year that the 3DS has been out, it's pretty shit, along with the Vita.
No, it has its fair share of good games. If you keep your expectations in check (and don't expect another DS this early, you should be fine).

You're complaining too much.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope soulsnatcher is right regarding that port of that game I bought. My copy just got dispatched.

xmaKb.png

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I hope soulsnatcher is right regarding that port of that game I bought. My copy just got dispatched.

~snip
I'm right. ;)

Oh and don't get a 3DS. If I were you, I would get a used 3DS XL after it's out (so it's cheaper). That big screen really will make a difference and it has a better battery life with many regular 3DS issues fixed.

Unless you already got a 3DS which in that case....

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 3DS present from my parents for my graduation and birthday. They've been hassling me over it so I get this off my back. And to be honest, I much rather they spend less on me and considering the 3DSXL is costing 50% more than a regular 3DS. It's an clear as fuck decision.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you forget about Resident Evil: Revelations Fine, that one is good, Resident Evil: Mercenaries It's just Mercenaries Mode from several previous games, really. It's overpriced, but fun, Mighty Switch Force No. Nobody pays for the first fully glasses-free 3D console to play side-scrollers. This is not creme de la creme - this is an appetizer, Dead or Alive: Dimensions Boobs. :D , Pushmo Mini-game, Tri G (enhanced port at 60FPS) Wii game everybody else already played since there was barely anything else worth anyone's time on the Wii. No, Rhythm Thief No., Theatrhythm No., Kid Icarus: Uprising (an extremely good game) Overrated - it's a good game, but stop circle-wanking over it - it's not THAT great, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars Looks fun. and Mutant Mudds No.? Not to mention the multitude of upcoming games (unlike the Vita!) Vita has plenty of upcoming titles, silly.

Oh and shitting on Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land is something you just don't do. Those are both really good games. No. They're Mario games. It's for a very specific audience and nobody else.

For a system that has only been out for a year and a couple months, this is a really good game library.

3DS > Vita
;o;

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock, Escape Plan, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva NEXT, Jet Set Radio (A game that actually not everybody played, thus it validates a remake/port, unlike games everybody and their dog played already like Ocarina of Time), LittleBigPlanet, Lord of Apocalypse, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection ('cuz y'know, it has moar to offer), ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Mortal Kombat, MotorStorm: RC (It was actually FREE for quite some time, is it still?), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Persona 4: The Golden, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ragnarok Odyssey, Rayman Origins (the non-sucking widescreen version, not the "I can't see the damned enemies" unfinished 3DS version), Resistance: Burning Skies, Ridge Racer (even with DLC it's *still* better than the 3DS one), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Soul Sacrifice, Spy Hunter, Tales of Innocence R, New King Story, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Unit 13, and, to end on a high note, ZONE OF F***ING ENDERS.

PSVita > 3DS

Plz cry, I cry everytiem wit heppi tearz ;O;

PS: To Be Released mixed with Released - because Winners don't need to divide Winning Lists.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Ports, ports and more ports. SO MANY GAMES.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - lmao port
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - lmao port
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - lmao COD spinoff
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - lmao shitty game/port
Jet Set Radio - lmao port
Resistance: Burning Skies - shitty game
Ridge Racer - 3DS version is superior, DLC galore and removes what was good about Ridge Racer
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - lmao port
ZONE OF F***ING ENDERS - lmao port
Rayman Origins - lmao port
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - lmao port
Lord of Apocalypse - lmao port
Persona 4: The Golden - lmao port
MotorStorm: RC - lmao port
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - lmao port
Spy Hunter - Coming out on the 3DS too? And since when does likely shovelware by a subpar developer count as a good game?
Tales of Innocence R - Hooray, a remake?
LittleBigPlanet - Didn't I already play this on the PS3 and PSP? Sorry back-touch controls aren't enough to win me over. ;)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - Average game with no online.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Average short game, more of a tech demo than a full-featured game
Unit 13 - Average generic game, nothing special
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva NEXT - Nice multi-plat you have there. Sorry, I like original games.

Foxi4, that list does you no good.

Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan (since Pushmo is a minigame to you), Lumines Electronic Symphony, Mortal Kombat, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ragnarok Odyssey, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Soul Sacrifice, New King Story, Wipeout 2048.

These are the only valid games on your list. I have my doubts about Silent Hill too because >Konami.

Fact is, Vita does not have many good games at this point in time (and is certainly not worth a purchase) and has hardly any good upcoming games.

No. They're Mario games. It's for a very specific audience and nobody else.

Very specific audience? Mario games are games that tend to appeal to a wide audience (crazy sales are an example of this). It's ridiculous to discount them because "Mario", anyways.

The fact that you shat on Mutant Mudds, called Kid Icarus overrated, shat on Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, Mighty Switch Force and called Pushmo a mini-game tells me you don't know what you're talking about. Or that you just haven't played any of them.

;O;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?