ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

SakuDarkside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm Having Problems, When I played the video on my 3DS, its like if the video was been divided and put one half on the other. (Sorry, my english isn't very good...)

A theorical pic

Issue.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I meant was, I started (yet an other) GUI for this, but I can't call it '3DS Video' and there really isn't on other good name to call it :(
Maybe something like "3D Video Converter"
of "3D Video Converter for Nintendo 3DS" (too long)

But not all applications need to have "3DS" in the name.
It could be used to split videos not necessarily for the console (if you check an option to keep the streams in separate files for example).

It could de-interlace/de-stream the 3DS videos into two streams too.
3D converter => convert a 3D file into normal video streams.

But it's an easy name, you certainly already thought about it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You started with a 2D video and chose "Side-by-Side" didn't you?

If you start with a 2D video, you must choose 2D video as the format.

So, what videos i can convert to 3ds 3D?

3d ones from you tube work fine :)

find a 3d video on youtube, copy the url to the clipboard, paste it in the box at keepvid.com, download the .mp4
open it first to see if its left/right or top/bottom (usually left/right) use the correct setting in the converter...

Guy.brush

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
amzg's 3DS Video 0.22 modified converts and splits 3D vids perfectly, the only problem I'm stil having is that the first split part doesn't show in the 3DS's picture/video browser. It has the correct length (9:59) and is named accordingly (LLL_NNNN.AVI). Has anyone experienced the same and found a solution to it?

Btw this has always happened with every one of the various batch files I've tried for conversion and splitting. The first part just refuses to show up. Weird.

edit: an idea I just got tossed: the first part's splitting from 0:00 to 9:59. Could it be that it should start from 0:01???

And thanks to everybody who has put time and effort into this. Amazing stuff happening with the 3DS at the moment.

SakuDarkside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You started with a 2D video and chose "Side-by-Side" didn't you?

If you start with a 2D video, you must choose 2D video as the format.

So, what videos i can convert to 3ds 3D?

3d ones from you tube work fine :)

find a 3d video on youtube, copy the url to the clipboard, paste it in the box at keepvid.com, download the .mp4
open it first to see if its left/right or top/bottom (usually left/right) use the correct setting in the converter...

OZOM. Thanks! :D

Guy.brush

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Why would you want to skip the first second? Seems stupid to me.

I don't have the slightest clue to be honest. Fact is that the audio and video formats are correct, the naming, length, basically everything is perfect (proven by the other parts that work), still it doesn't show. Maybe starting at 00:00:00 doesn't give a signal, so the 3DS doesn't trigger whatever makes the thumbnail show up, you wouldn't have to skip the whole first second, perhaps just the first 1/10th of a second. [/n00b]

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Errors are always in the tiniest things, just try making it start from 00:00:01 as Guy.brush said, it won't harm anyone as nothing happens in the first second of any vid (well, unless the vid is only one second long, but hey).

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can't find my Video after converting. It creates a temp.avi. but that file disappears when the converter is done.
I'm using the 0.22 Version with a 1h30min long video on Win7.

Edit: I just noticed, that it works on on my win7 notebook.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
hey, just wondering. has anybody gotten around to dealing with hSBS videos (half side-by-side, or that vertically divided 2D format)? i know it's technically 2D, but I guess i just had to ask. true SBS and anaglyphs work perfectly fine for me, but since hSBS technically only has one channel, maybe there's a way to chop that in the middle and encode them in separate channels? i suppose the aspect ratio would be totally butchered, but i don't mind as long as it's possible to make it work.

thanks.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Long shot, but any chance of a version of this working on Mac OS X at all? :-/

No problems at all, just install ffmpeg, and follow my instructions in prev post.

Considering he meant this GUI, that is not a valid response.

A valid response: Probably not. There is a cross-platform version of AHK (the scripting language I wrote this GUI in), but I don't have any experience with it and don't have time to learn how to port this to it (I think it's a little different from regular AHK).

And Guy.brush - I didn't understand why you were suggesting skipping the first second, but now I do. I'll try it now and upload a new version for you

FFMPEG doesn't work on mac for me. Can you make us a software package (.dmg) Please

http://peppoj.net/20...iling-anything/

I don't have the slightest clue to be honest. Fact is that the audio and video formats are correct, the naming, length, basically everything is perfect (proven by the other parts that work), still it doesn't show. Maybe starting at 00:00:00 doesn't give a signal, so the 3DS doesn't trigger whatever makes the thumbnail show up, you wouldn't have to skip the whole first second, perhaps just the first 1/10th of a second. [/n00b]

Try this please: http://mediafire.com...4myc44id4k72i5d - should split the files with the first video starting at 1 second in. (just the .exe replace the .exe from 0.22 with this one, if it works i'll clean up some other stuff and package it up as 0.23)

The Top-bottom error is here:
{snip}
And in the part of the code "side by side" are some commands duplicated and other missing (in bitrate miss a "k")
{snip}

Thanks for pointing out the bugs. Although the missing K was sort of deliberate. It's up to the user whether they want the bitrate in Kbps or bps. If they want Kbps, they can increase the number themselves. I am integrating your fixes into v0.23 if that's OK?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1