Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi guys,

I also can't unbrick my 3DS :(

I get the following messages shown on the attachement.

The soldering work looks good, no short circuit or similar.
Please check my wiring and tell me if it is all right.
The X marks that I cut off the contacts because they are not needed.
any details on how you bricked too? are you also using a DSTWO+?

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I just performed the exploits (Browser and Settings->Profiles) because they were not running clean (freezes).
After the 3DS freezed again, I restarted it and got the blue screen.

Firmware: 4.4
Card: Supercard DSTWO Plus

D

Deleted-355425

Hi,

I just performed the exploits (Browser and Settings->Profiles) because they were not running clean (freezes).
After the 3DS freezed again, I restarted it and got the blue screen.

Firmware: 4.4
Card: Supercard DSTWO Plus

What plugin version did you use? 1.03 or 1.04?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I also can't unbrick my 3DS :(

I get the following messages shown on the attachement.

The soldering work looks good, no short circuit or similar.
Please check my wiring and tell me if it is all right.
The X marks that I cut off the contacts because they are not needed.
your sd adapter is wired completely wrong. You MUST use 3, 5, 6, and 7 (as you have your pic labeled). That is the MINIMUM. But I don't think 5 wires will work anyway. You have to use 4 or 7. Nothing in-between.

Last edited by urherenow,

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi all,

here a new pic that show the actual tool. its looks better the the older version, but is it actual possible to unbrick the 3ds without a nand backup ? i aware that i lost my backup a long time ago.

unbenannt.png

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi all,
here a new pic that show the actual tool. its looks better the the older version, but is it actual possible to unbrick the 3ds without a nand backup ? i aware that i lost my backup a long time ago.

that pic is from a really old version.
as i'm a fan of hanlon's razor: please post the output you get from running the latest version, for example from the logfile on the windows viewable fat partition on the usb stick.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hi all,

unbenannt.png
do not pick force erase unless you have a good nand backup......although if you have no backup at all it is possible to extract the emunand partition from the SD you have emunand setup on and use that in most cases (unless you installed crap on it that wouldn't function in sysnand) but if you go that route you will be stuck on whatever FW your emunand had......but if force erase is the only way to go i would rather have a 10.3 console than a brick.......hold off on the force erase until you are sure there is no other way

Reactions: Deleted-236924

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What plugin version did you use? 1.03 or 1.04?
I really don't know anymore, sorry :(

your sd adapter is wired completely wrong. You MUST use 3, 5, 6, and 7 (as you have your pic labeled). That is the MINIMUM. But I don't think 5 wires will work anyway. You have to use 4 or 7. Nothing in-between.
Are you really sure? That makes me hoping for a success again ;)

I followed this german tutorial: https://psxtools.de/index.php/Threa...DS-Flashkarte-gebrickt-wurde/#565e736c71e26_0

Here is the image with the unbrick pinout at that tutorial. There are 5 pins (GND is twice).
Unbrick3a.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm.... that's weird...

3,5,6 and 7 are VSS1,CLK, VSS2, DAT0
This tutorial says: GND (VSS1), CLK, CMD, DAT0
(When we exclude DAT3)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.... that's weird...

3,5,6 and 7 are VSS1,CLK, VSS2, DAT0
This tutorial says: GND (VSS1), CLK, CMD, DAT0
(When we exclude DAT3)
Not the way you labeled the pins in your own pic (which are numbered wrong). You must use GND, CLK, CMD, and DAT 0 (Correct pin numbers are 3, 6, 7, 8). Nothing else. Yes, I'm sure. I modded both my N3DS and my O3DS myself. Before you even mess with the raspi, use win32 disk imager to make sure you can successfully dump your nand. Nevermind that it's currently broken... If you can't dump it, your wires are wrong (or you are using a reader that isn't compatible with your NAND. Different models are needed between o3ds and n3ds).

remove the wire from what you labeled pin 1 (which is DAT 3). And see if win32diskimager can read the nand. Or if you want to do more work, add in dat1 and dat2.

Last edited by urherenow,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not the way you labeled the pins in your own pic (which are numbered wrong). You must use GND, CLK, CMD, and DAT 0 (Correct pin numbers are 3, 6, 7, 8). Nothing else. Yes, I'm sure. I modded both my N3DS and my O3DS myself. Before you even mess with the raspi, use win32 disk imager to make sure you can successfully dump your nand. Nevermind that it's currently broken... If you can't dump it, your wires are wrong (or you are using a reader that isn't compatible with your NAND. Different models are needed between o3ds and n3ds).
nope if the nand is locked it will not be dumpable until its unlocked, it may show up as a drive with zero capacity though, but idk if that happened with some people just as the default behavior for their card reader if something is inserted but not recognized, but the fact he is getting his CSD would suggest its still working ok despite having DAT3 hooked up, but to rule it out as causing interference he should try with DAT3 disconnected

Reactions: bkifft

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nope if the nand is locked it will not be dumpable until its unlocked, it may show up as a drive with zero capacity though, but idk if that happened with some people just as the default behavior for their card reader if something is inserted but not recognized, but the fact he is getting his CSD would suggest its still working ok despite having DAT3 hooked up, but to rule it out as causing interference he should try with DAT3 disconnected

DAT3 could be the culprit, as CSD get transmitted via CMD (iirc only unlock key and fixed CSD get transmitted via DAT).
time will tell. i'll still keep my fingers crossed for PEBCAK instead of brickcode V2 though.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
DAT3 could be the culprit, as CSD get transmitted via CMD (iirc only unlock key and fixed CSD get transmitted via DAT).
time will tell. i'll still keep my fingers crossed for PEBCAK instead of brickcode V2 though.
might explain the other failure too then i think he had DAT3 hooked up too, yep, both have/had DAT3 connected

Last edited by gamesquest1,

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh guys, many thanks for your professional help!
I am at work now and can't wait to come home and try it out.

I measured with a multimeter before I started soldering and must say that the pins of my microSD->SD Adapter are not 1:1. I mean the SD Card contacts row with the microSD contacts row.
So SD: 9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 is not the same at microSD.
But okay, if you say my wiring is wrong, I'll believe that and will try it with your wiring order.

Is this connection order the right one? (Found in a chinese tutorial):

timg

PS.: I don't want to flash a NAND backup because I don't have one. That german tutorial says that actually it is possible to unbrick the 3DS w/o a NAND Backup needed

Last edited by cy2u5,

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that pic is from a really old version.
as i'm a fan of hanlon's razor: please post the output you get from running the latest version, for example from the logfile on the windows viewable fat partition on the usb stick.

thats realy strength. i setup a new usb drive with rpu linux and the rpu script from the master branch on git.
after work i will post the logfile und try to get the latest version from git, but i think at beginning the script do an automatically update before show the menu ? so im pretty shure to use the actual verison

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh guys, many thanks for your professional help!
I am at work now and can't wait to come home and try it out.

I measured with a multimeter before I started soldering and must say that the pins of my microSD->SD Adapter are not 1:1. I mean the SD Card contacts row with the microSD contacts row.
So SD: 9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 is not the same at microSD.
But okay, if you say my wiring is wrong, I'll believe that and will try it with your wiring order.

Is this connection order the right one? (Found in a chinese tutorial):

timg

PS.: I don't want to flash a NAND backup because I don't have one. That german tutorial says that actually it is possible to unbrick the 3DS w/o a NAND Backup needed
yeah that looks correct, assuming it didn't unlock because of the extra DAT line hooked up yeah you can just unlock the nand and have it working straight away with no nand backup, but if gateway changed the password/encryption method you would probably need a backup to restore (unless someone figured out the new password method without a force erase)

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats realy strength. i setup a new usb drive with rpu linux and the rpu script from the master branch on git.
after work i will post the logfile und try to get the latest version from git, but i think at beginning the script do an automatically update before show the menu ? so im pretty shure to use the actual verison

strange indeed, as i got rid of the "v" option quite early. did you do the update via the downloaded zip file (which has to be renamed to uppercase RPU.zip) or live via network/internet?

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
strange indeed, as i got rid of the "v" option quite early. did you do the update via the downloaded zip file (which has to be renamed to uppercase RPU.zip) or live via network/internet?

i downloaded a zip file from master branch. after that i extract that and renamed to "RPU".
im such an idiot ... i have to put tha zip file to the drive, isnt it ? i extracted it before -.-

ok later today i will prompt add an update with the actual master script

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo