Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry about that, when I BSOD = a brick on 3ds, didn't knew there's another type

so I just have to wire the 3ds like in this diagram but in SD card (instead of a teensy/raspberry) plug it on a card reader and just write with win32diskimager

if there's a tread about this, can you link me so I can post on the right thread

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone list me the materials specifically 1 by 1 please? so i can like buy everything i need? thanks..
As long as you bear in mind that this is only valid for GW software based bricks: https://github.com/bkifft/RPU/blob/master/RPU_guide.txt

Any chance that the new SpillPass for Raspberry Pi 2 will work to use the 3dsunbricker?
Sure there's a chance, you just need to find someone willing to build the required kernel without the SD stuff.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tutorial?
the link in the post literally above yours, at the linked location is even the address to a slightly outdated spanish version (no need for nand backup, after you pressed "s" and it worked just press "u" and it will be done).

are you sure it's a launcher.dat based brick though?

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi all,
i need help qickly.
I brick my 3ds xl with the new dstwo +. now i want to unbrick them with raspberry pi.
After making the sd mod and connect the stuff the script show me that my console is bricked.
After starting the unbricker the following output appear. I dont know whats going wrong.
test.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hi all,
i need help qickly.
I brick my 3ds xl with the new dstwo +. now i want to unbrick them with raspberry pi.
After making the sd mod and connect the stuff the script show me that my console is bricked.
After starting the unbricker the following output appear. I dont know whats going wrong.
test.png
well thats a bit more worrying to the DSTwo "master race" :P, probably be a good idea to share more info if the brick code is being used against DSTwo users, were you using the latest GW launcher etc what exactly were you doing when the brick happened etc

as for your error, i would say double check your wires/soldering and make sure you have the wires as short as possible

oh and please post your CSD

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
firstable i used the actual gw launcher 3.5.1
the gw mode works flawless but my brick happens as ich switched to classic mode for getting my savegame from my original cartridge.

ich checked my wire more times. i also used 3 different sd cards but only one show me that my 3ds is bricked. i have no glue what im doing wrong.
the lenght of my wires are less then 20 cm and isolated from each other ^^ so i dont think that my setup is wrong.

maybe someone else had this problem too ?

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so here are my pics from the 3ds and sdcard. one wire is broken wile taking a picture , but you can have a look if my setup was right.

20151129_110521.jpg

20151129_110537.jpg

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really tell, but it looks like your pinout is off. One thing is you only need 4 points connected. DAT0, CMD, CLK, and GND. It looks like you have DAT3 connected as well. Here are some pics for reference:
500px-CTR_NAND_pinout_XL.jpg
SD+card+pinout.jpg

You may also want to clean any flux/solder residue from the points on the mobo.

Reactions: Cortador

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so here are my pics from the 3ds and sdcard. one wire is broken wile taking a picture , but you can have a look if my setup was right.

20151129_110521.jpg

20151129_110537.jpg
Your wires look a bit thick, though your soldering job looks fine. If you used thinner wires they would probably not come loose as easily. It's probably the pinout, as hundshamer said you only need 4 wires, though you can add more for faster R/W speeds, it looks like you have to either use only DAT0 or all 4 DAT pins. Make doubly sure the pins are soldered to the matching ones on both ends.
Edit: Small typo there, obviously you're not using an SD adapter :P

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

n3o33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so thank for your reply's
today i rework my wires. new sd card and cable. this time only 4 wires see the picture above ^^. i fixed all connections with glue, to be sure that are no broken connections.
finally i checked every connection with an multimeter, everythings is ok and all wires are OK.

i dont know what "sd card issue" mean but this appeared every command.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one other question. the stupid locker on the card is broken and lost. i tried to cover up with tape to enable the unlock on the card again. but i think thats my problem that the contact isnt properly enabled.
has anyone a hint to cover up this piece of plastic -.-

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
one other question. the stupid locker on the card is broken and lost. i tried to cover up with tape to enable the unlock on the card again. but i think thats my problem that the contact isnt properly enabled.
has anyone a hint to cover up this piece of plastic -.-
you should be ok with a piece of tape or 2 over it, but you can also superglue a small piece of plastic to cover the tab area up

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I also can't unbrick my 3DS :(

I get the following messages shown on the attachement.

The soldering work looks good, no short circuit or similar.
Please check my wiring and tell me if it is all right.
The X marks that I cut off the contacts because they are not needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited by cy2u5,

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oooook. two identical fails smell like a pattern.

could those affected please post a second "s" after an "u" (aka did the unlock part work) and the CSD (which is just status information and not an unique identifier like the CID)?

could be that GW is really pissed.....

edit: could also be that they did the reversible per page write protection (which would still be a pain in the ass to easily reset)

Last edited by bkifft,
D

Deleted-236924

I wouldn't be surprised if they did their bricks differently from last time. They're probably aware that people have a way around it with hardmod so they may have tried to do it in a way that the tools for unbricking last time wouldn't work this time.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't be surprised if they did their bricks differently from last time. They're probably aware that people have a way around it with hardmod so they may have tried to do it in a way that the tools for unbricking last time wouldn't work this time.

most likely.
possible nastiness from the top of my head:
-different key
-different ciphermode
-per page write protection
-global permanent write protection

first three cases could be easily solved using the old force_erase method (aka formating the nand) which would then again require a good NAND backup.

last case, well...

we'll know more when i get the requested feedback (if they are unlocked first two cases don't apply, write protection status can be seen from CSD)

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely.
possible nastiness from the top of my head:
-different key
-different ciphermode
-per page write protection
-global permanent write protection

first three cases could be easily solved using the old force_erase method (aka formating the nand) which would then again require a good NAND backup.

last case, well...

we'll know more when i get the requested feedback (if they are unlocked first two cases don't apply, write protection status can be seen from CSD)
One person reported they were able to restore a 2DS with a NAND backup. I'm hoping to test today for verification/unbrick testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢