dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello,

ever since I bought my 3ds I have a problem: when in sleep mode with streetpass activated my device randomly turns off. Sometimes it stays on for three, four days, sometime for a couple of hours but it always turns off at one point in a total random fashion. This is not a battery issue, it is absolutely un-related to the state of the charge, it actually does that in the cradle as well. Everything works fine, streetpass, games, spotpass, I just need to switch it back on with no problems, beside the fact that it's ruining my nerves and psychological health!!! It's extremely frustrating since the system was designed to work properly in sleep mode, to collect miis and get spotpass stuff and not having to start from the bloody temple of time or f***g forest in "Ocarina of time" whenever I turn it back on...

I've browsed the web and it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. Has anyone around here the same problem?

Please, please please, don't tell me to send it to Nintendo, I don't need to come in forums to think about that solution.

cheers

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
indeed i noticed mine is doing it

and i can tell you exactly why it happens

it when the 3DS is left for around 24 hours and not moved at all

it knows it hasnt moved and so goes, wait im using battery and not gonna pass anyone while im not moving so it turns off to conserve battery

thats all it is
walk in or give it a shake once a day if you dont like it lol

i asked Nintendo and that's what they told me
was a power saving feature in the latest update

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
... oooookkkk...

That really sounds like nonsense to me. No disrespect, I mean why not. But this doesn't make any sense: why would it turn off while connected to the cradle, why does it stay on for days and then suddenly for a couple of hours, why would Nintendo create a device supposed to have its own little life in sleepmode (miis, spotpass, updates etc etc...), therefore to be switched on all the time with a feature that would... turn it off??!

Thanks for the quick response, I absolutely believe you when you state that Nintendo gave you that answer regarding this issue, but it sounds to me as plain BS from their side.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine only suffers random turning off when I am using Ocarina of Time 3d- any other 3ds game is fine, and keeping it on the menu or using a Virtual console is fine even with the OoT cart inside. Once OoT is running it will randomly switch off during sleep mode- even if I'm walking somewhere, or have only just closed it

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mine doesn't care about the game inside, it'll switch off with any cartridge, either if I'm walking or if it's lying on a table.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
Mine only suffers random turning off when I am using Ocarina of Time 3d- any other 3ds game is fine, and keeping it on the menu or using a Virtual console is fine even with the OoT cart inside. Once OoT is running it will randomly switch off during sleep mode- even if I'm walking somewhere, or have only just closed it

lol indeed peculiar

as Zelda is my cart i had in when it occurred also

in does seem a little strange with there response but im sure if it is a glitch then its purely software based so a system update would fix
(e.g. ridge racer problem that did exist)

you shouldn't stress so much about a console

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Than you for your concern Pong, I won't stress
wink.gif

... still... it does annoooooooy me.

D

Deleted User

Why the hell do you guys leave your system on for days at a time... You kill the system that way.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
Why the hell do you guys leave your system on for days at a time... You kill the system that way.

I don't. I leave mine on for about 4 hours in the morning and about 6 in the evening, but I'm usually playing it on and off around then

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
brandonspikes said:

Because it's designed to function that way. The whole idea is that your handled can communicate with other 3ds, nintendo's network, people having the same game as you, etc etc... in japan they (will?) get tv shows on their device while they're on sleep mode. I mean this is the way you're supposed to use the console... so if it turns itself off the whole idea is gone and further more it means there's a flaw in the device. I'm pretty sick of all the defaults this device has since its launch, it's really messy. The scratches on the screen, the squeaky joint on the left of the screen, the joypad who's fragile, battery life ridiculous (in all fairness I knew that issue before I bought it), and since I live in Switzerland, the only country in the bloody world where there isn't any official support from Nintendo (no Nintendo club here, cause we're not in EU even though we live in the very centre of the continent) it's really tough to get any answers.

D

Deleted User

dulume said:
brandonspikes said:

Because it's designed to function that way. The whole idea is that your handled can communicate with other 3ds, nintendo's network, people having the same game as you, etc etc... in japan they (will?) get tv shows on their device while they're on sleep mode. I mean this is the way you're supposed to use the console... so if it turns itself off the whole idea is gone and further more it means there's a flaw in the device. I'm pretty sick of all the defaults this device has since its launch, it's really messy. The scratches on the screen, the squeaky joint on the left of the screen, the joypad who's fragile, battery life ridiculous (in all fairness I knew that issue before I bought it), and since I live in Switzerland, the only country in the bloody world where there isn't any official support from Nintendo (no Nintendo club here, cause we're not in EU even though we live in the very centre of the continent) it's really tough to get any answers.
It's not designed for 24/7 use, you kill anything with a external battery that way.

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
brandonspikes said:
dulume said:
brandonspikes said:

It's not designed for 24/7 use, you kill anything with a external battery that way.

Yes it is brandon...

btw that's how most of our appliance work, like phones, laptop, mp3 players, etc... Please read the booklet that came with your system.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dulume said:
brandonspikes said:
dulume said:
brandonspikes said:

Yes it is brandon...

btw that's how most of our appliance work, like phones, laptop, mp3 players, etc... Please read the booklet that came with your system.

you run your mp3 player 24/7 ?? o.O Don't you get tired of your music?

D

Deleted User

dulume said:
brandonspikes said:
dulume said:
brandonspikes said:

Yes it is brandon...

Last I checked I turn those off when I'm not using them, where in the manual does it say to leave your 3ds on 24/7.

Cellphones are special in a way that they only use about 2% of their battery life in standby mode, just enough for a signal.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is about the 3DS randomly turning off during sleep mode- something that has happened to me previously- this is NOT a thread about how long to leave it on for.

If someone wants to leave their 3DS running for a week, they can- it is theirs, I am not here to criticise them for it. Likewise if you want to jump in a canal with it, go ahead I don't care. But as you leap into that canal, ask yourself "Did this 3DS ever randomly turn itself off during sleep mode?" because that is the burning question

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
lol

Indeed Weaselpipe, I'm still annoyed by this malfunction. To stop any further discussion regarding if you should leave the 3ds on or off I'll state that I don't care, I really do. What pisses me off though is when I put it in sleepmode while going to work or browsing through town hoping to get some mii or when playing a game (I only have two for the moment, lego starwars and Zelda) expecting to resume from the very exact spot I was in when I closed the lid only to discover it turned itself off. F************

Since the device is suppose to function properly in sleepmode I expect it to do so. If it doesn't it pains my ass, period.

If other users experiment the same problem I'd love to have some feedback or solutions.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is weird. this never happens to me and i usually leave my system on all the time. you're the first i ever heard that has this problem. Try contacting Nintendo to see what they say. why would the system shut off after 24 hours?! makes no sense. shouldn't the wii shut off after 24 hours then lol. the point of the system is to try and be connected as much as possible for spot pass/street pass. and since it is happening to you more than once, i think it's the problem with the system.

"you shouldn't stress so much about a console"
i don't know about you but i paid 250 bucks for my system and if this sort of thing happens I would be pissed.

edit: i just reread your post and you said that sometimes the system turns off "a couple of hours." I think your system is the problem if this happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE