Gaming 3ds system update 5.1.0-11 tonight

Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't like automatic updates, what if my power goes out at the same time?
They'd have to make updates dead minimal thus ruining the point of an update.

I prefer to control when my system updates or not.
Always a risk with updating no matter how official it is.

It downloads automatically, not installs automatically.

There's a big difference.

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just picked my 3DS to confirm this (5.1.0-11E) and I left Spotpass on for a few minutes and it already downloaded the update and it's waiting for my confirmation:
"Ready to start system update. Update now?
(You must update system before this software download can complete.)
B) Cancel A) OK

But I am still not sure what it meant by "(You must update system before this software download can complete.)" Can anybody clarify this, please?

My 3DS (NA version) did the same thing this morning.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't see why he can't make a post here, heck he can just copy and paste it. Instead hes promoting his blog.
I don't see why he can't link his blog here, either... Also, have you looked at his blog? It's very complete and organized, it may sound like he is a little egocentric for promoting his own blog, but I can assure you he does a good job at documenting 3ds firmware, flashcards, etc...

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having trouble updating to it currently i have try want nintendo said to do if i couldnt update from setting it said the same thing help on this? my ds two works on my older 3ds model on the new update

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What happened in this thread is a clear example of WHAT is WRONG with GBAtemp right now.

Useless bickering everywhere, rampant off-topic'ing (damn guys, this isn't IRC or a chat, keep the injokes between you, don't clutter the thread!), elitarism towards newcomers?

You've ALL been newcomers, you should help each other, and not treat them like n00bs. There are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable guys which have joined only recently and have a low postcount only because they don't like to post crap in every thread around just to get known by other members.

I haven't warned anyone for all this crap, but next time I will.

Keep it classy, or at least try to be classy again, GBAtemp.

Reactions: Hyura

riariases

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened in this thread is a clear example of WHAT is WRONG with GBAtemp right now.

Useless bickering everywhere, rampant off-topic'ing (damn guys, this isn't IRC or a chat, keep the injokes between you, don't clutter the thread!), elitarism towards newcomers?

You've ALL been newcomers, you should help each other, and not treat them like n00bs. There are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable guys which have joined only recently and have a low postcount only because they don't like to post crap in every thread around just to get known by other members.

I haven't warned anyone for all this crap, but next time I will.

Keep it classy, or at least try to be classy again, GBAtemp.
Everybody has a mutual base, general knowledge about video games and technological subjects, but it's what people choose to believe based on their predispositional opinions, consumerist bias, and experience with the hate called the 'internet' that makes everybody's point of view so different, even though there's really only one truth, and one right answer.

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm keeping it in sleep mode for a while longer and I will post if anything comes up. And yes, maybe XD
So any updates? I'm curious to know if it really was a glitch or did nintendo actually implement its 'spotpass auto downloading/installing sys updates' plan. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.