midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone:
Ok... I have downloaded all the free software avaliable in thr 3ds e-shop since its release like the e3 videos and exitebike etc...
However after awhile when i tried to open them (this was around 3 months after downloaded) they wouldnt load it got stuck on that 3ds screen that comes up when opening them.
My question is this- the exitebike software is no longer free and videos arnt on the shop anymore so am i safe to delete and redownload using the already downloaded option in the settings or will i lose the software on my 3ds. And my 2nd problem is that when i open pokedex it loads and says that i have new data but when i click yes to download it, it just stays on the recieving data screen. I really dont want to redownload pokedex as i dont want to lose all the data ive collected.
Does anyone know why this is happenin it is a real big problem for me. I have a strange susspicion that it is a problem with the SD card.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advanced.

Edit- Also i had to download some of the ambassador games twice because they gave me the same problem.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
there's no problem in deleting and re downloading!
smile.gif

You can re download them the same way u downloaded the ambassador stuff.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes i know that i can redownload them but it is time consuming and annoing so i was just wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and how to fix it. My internet connection is fine and was fine when i downloaded the titles. With exitebike its almost like its 'getting old' and refusing to load. The weird thing is that with the case of exitebike i had it on my 3ds for months and all of a sudden it stopped working(same with e3 trailers). Now that i think about it i did backup some photos on the sd card to my computer could that have stuffed up the software loading? Also is there away to backup my savefile for pokedex and if i delete pokedex and redownload it wii my data still be there?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
midnight1001 said:
Yes i know that i can redownload them but it is time consuming and annoing so i was just wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and how to fix it. My internet connection is fine and was fine when i downloaded the titles. With exitebike its almost like its 'getting old' and refusing to load. The weird thing is that with the case of exitebike i had it on my 3ds for months and all of a sudden it stopped working(same with e3 trailers). Now that i think about it i did backup some photos on the sd card to my computer could that have stuffed up the software loading? Also is there away to backup my savefile for pokedex and if i delete pokedex and redownload it wii my data still be there?
After reading this, I think you have a problem with the SD card.

My SD once popped out and the game lags like hell. I reinserted and it worked fine.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
One more question- If i coiped my entire sd card just for a backup purpose would it effect the contents and give me a result like the problem i have now?

Also should i try a different sd card- the way i mentioned above?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
midnight1001 said:
One more question- If i coiped my entire sd card just for a backup purpose would it effect the contents and give me a result like the problem i have now?

Also should i try a different sd card- the way i mentioned above?
If you copy the whole thing (to your computer?) it should be fine.

Try a different SD card and see if it works.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK i did what you suggested and it still wouldnt load so does that mean that i should conclude that it didnt install correctly? and what was to blame the internet or the sd card for the bad instillation.
Note- My brother has a 3ds and his downloaded and ran without a problem... Also the sd card im using wasnt the one it came with so does that icrease the chances that it is the sd c ard?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
midnight1001 said:
OK i did what you suggested and it still wouldnt load so does that mean that i should conclude that it didnt install correctly? and what was to blame the internet or the sd card for the bad instillation.
Note- My brother has a 3ds and his downloaded and ran without a problem... Also the sd card im using wasnt the one it came with so does that icrease the chances that it is the sd c ard?
I still believe it's the SD card...

Unless it's the system... When you first bought it was it okay?

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure thing i will when my brother gets home from school. But i thought that every sd cards contents was unique to every individual 3ds.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The contents of the SD card are individual to the SD card.
This is just to check whether or not your SD slot is broken (somehow).

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I would copy all the files to my pc to back them up. Then I would format the sd card with the panasonic sd formatter (http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html). I use 2.0 but I suppose 3.0 would work as well. Then copy the files back to the sd card. It might help....couldn't hurt.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks- I bought a new sd card problem so hopefully that will work better and if not then it must be something wrong with the actual 3ds or if it downloaded wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your...