Hacking 3DS Semi-Bricked

Mochiman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

After I attempted to upgrade my firmware from 4.2.0-9U to 9.2.0-20U using the method listed above, my 3DS appears to have gotten semi-bricked. It displays "Preparing to start the Home Menu... Please wait, and do not turn off the power.". The boot button sequence to install a system update still works, and it would probably allow me to download the most recent OFW. Is there any possible way to fix the 3DS without having to restore my NAND or upgrading to the most recent OFW?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware is your console before doing it?

Edit : Whoops, yep, not read correctly... >.<

So changing the question, what CFW are you on when you installed the CIA's? And what CIA installer did you use?

Mochiman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So changing the question, what CFW are you on when you installed the CIA's? And what CIA installer did you use?
I don't have a CFW installed, I had 4.2.0-9U. I was using Pasta FW with Ninjhax and if you check the link provided, you can see the CIA installer and the program used to obtain the CIA's.

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

After I attempted to upgrade my firmware from 4.2.0-9U to 9.2.0-20U using the method listed above, my 3DS appears to have gotten semi-bricked. It displays "Preparing to start the Home Menu... Please wait, and do not turn off the power.". The boot button sequence to install a system update still works, and it would probably allow me to download the most recent OFW. Is there any possible way to fix the 3DS without having to restore my NAND or upgrading to the most recent OFW?

I ahve exactly the same problem. Now, I don't want to update to the latest firmware. I really need ninjhax to work again :(

Is there any way of tricking the 3ds to update from another source, eg. If I create my my own web server on my PC, and use some kind or redirection with my router or something? Surely something luike that could be accomplished.

We need a genius to help us with this :/

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a CFW installed, I had 4.2.0-9U. I was using Pasta FW with Ninjhax and if you check the link provided, you can see the CIA installer and the program used to obtain the CIA's.

So did you use SysUpdater or FBI to install the CIA files?

Edit :
And.... How much did you wait on the "Preparing to start the Home Menu... Please wait, and do not turn off the power." prompt?

This is the reason I'm not touching any sysNAND CFW....... Any mishaps like this and you're (almost) SOL, got burned after I bricked my PS3 this way....... T.T

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did you use SysUpdater or FBI to install the CIA files?

i used SysUpdater to try and update, same problem as OP.

People should actually warn others about this, because I read in the Pasta thread that it's "safe" to update to 9.2 on the O3DS, and I followed the instructions, step by step, still failed

Clearly, this is not safe?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me on my new 2DS going from 6.0.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U with SysUpdater 0.4. I hard-modded it, but it's not showing up on any of my PCs internal SD card slots yet. I'll have to get some USB ones later today to test. Hopefully SysUpdater 0.4 will get pulled and fixed, but until then, 0.3 is recommended.

Edit: Hard-modded the 2DS and flashed the backup. After trying again with SysUpdater 0.3, I'm happily running 9.2 now.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly although we're discussing it in multitude of threads, it seems that the current culplrit seems to be SysUpdater 0.4 :(

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ahve exactly the same problem. Now, I don't want to update to the latest firmware. I really need ninjhax to work again :(

Is there any way of tricking the 3ds to update from another source, eg. If I create my my own web server on my PC, and use some kind or redirection with my router or something? Surely something luike that could be accomplished.

We need a genius to help us with this :/
Yeah, no. If it was that easy then downgrading would've been possible a LONG time ago.

Kek :c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next