3DS Semi-Bricked

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mochiman123, May 28, 2015.

1. Mochiman123
    OP

Mochiman123 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

After I attempted to upgrade my firmware from 4.2.0-9U to 9.2.0-20U using the method listed above, my 3DS appears to have gotten semi-bricked. It displays "Preparing to start the Home Menu... Please wait, and do not turn off the power.". The boot button sequence to install a system update still works, and it would probably allow me to download the most recent OFW. Is there any possible way to fix the 3DS without having to restore my NAND or upgrading to the most recent OFW?

2. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    What firmware is your console before doing it?

Edit : Whoops, yep, not read correctly... >.<

So changing the question, what CFW are you on when you installed the CIA's? And what CIA installer did you use?

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Read the post again more carefully.

4. Mochiman123
    OP

Mochiman123 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    United States
    I don't have a CFW installed, I had 4.2.0-9U. I was using Pasta FW with Ninjhax and if you check the link provided, you can see the CIA installer and the program used to obtain the CIA's.

5. FirstLady

FirstLady GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    United States
    I ahve exactly the same problem. Now, I don't want to update to the latest firmware. I really need ninjhax to work again :(

Is there any way of tricking the 3ds to update from another source, eg. If I create my my own web server on my PC, and use some kind or redirection with my router or something? Surely something luike that could be accomplished.

We need a genius to help us with this :/

6. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    So did you use SysUpdater or FBI to install the CIA files?

Edit :
    And.... How much did you wait on the "Preparing to start the Home Menu... Please wait, and do not turn off the power." prompt?

This is the reason I'm not touching any sysNAND CFW....... Any mishaps like this and you're (almost) SOL, got burned after I bricked my PS3 this way....... T.T

7. FirstLady

FirstLady GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    United States
    i used SysUpdater to try and update, same problem as OP.

People should actually warn others about this, because I read in the Pasta thread that it's "safe" to update to 9.2 on the O3DS, and I followed the instructions, step by step, still failed

Clearly, this is not safe?

8. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    This happened to me on my new 2DS going from 6.0.0-12U to 9.2.0-20U with SysUpdater 0.4. I hard-modded it, but it's not showing up on any of my PCs internal SD card slots yet. I'll have to get some USB ones later today to test. Hopefully SysUpdater 0.4 will get pulled and fixed, but until then, 0.3 is recommended.

Edit: Hard-modded the 2DS and flashed the backup. After trying again with SysUpdater 0.3, I'm happily running 9.2 now.

9. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Sadly although we're discussing it in multitude of threads, it seems that the current culplrit seems to be SysUpdater 0.4 :(

10. Afonso Mralha

Afonso Mralha Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    I confirm the downgrade on o3DS 9.9. so happy!!!

11. Swooky

Swooky Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    Netherlands
    That is absolutely not relevant to this thread lol.

12. Afonso Mralha

Afonso Mralha Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    OMG lol wrong thread... Too many chrome tabs

13. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, no. If it was that easy then downgrading would've been possible a LONG time ago.

Kek :c

14. Meorge

Meorge Banned

Banned
    Jan 4, 2016
    You can update to the lastest OFW and downgrade to 9.2 now.