Hacking 3DS Rom Question

Jiye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question but I couldn't find the answer to it..

Before you write the rom to the SD card, how do you get the actual game file? I downloaded a game and it's in a folder and inside the folder are lots of files with extensions like .nfo, .00, .sfv etc..

Also, is the gateway 2.2 able to fully play Pokemon X now?

Thanks so much

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
.nfo and .sfv are usually just information files and generally are irrelevant as far as actually using the file.

.00, .01. etc, are actually part files. A lot of torrents split up ROM files (as well as ISOs and other file types) into seperate "parts" of a whole file. When using a program like 7zip, you open up the .rar file in that list of files and it will automatically detect the .00 and other numbered parts to your main file. What you are to do is to open the .rar file and extract it. The extracted file will be all of the parts put together to make your single ROM file (which I will assume is .3DS extension).

By able to fully play, I assume you mean run the game? NAND save based games were fixed a while ago, I believe. More recently, online has become available, but that requires modifying scene dumps (if you aren't dumping your own ROM of Pokemon).

However, as things currently stand, Gateway is not able to use the eshop as it cannot run on the latest firmware (which is required for eshop). If you do not have the latest eshop for gateway, you will not be able to download the update needed to go online with Pokemon

Reactions: Jiye

Jiye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah thank you so much!! Never would have thought of extracting the .rar inside the files to get the .3ds XD
ThankSS!!

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah thank you so much!! Never would have thought of extracting the .rar inside the files to get the .3ds XD
ThankSS!!

Hey um just so you know.... you no longer have to write the rom the the micro sd. Just drag and drop. Also when you are in gateway mode the game(s) wont show up automatically and the card slot will appear to be empty. Dont panic. Push select on the 3ds

Reactions: Jiye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm