Hardware 3DS retail version with games arrived (Hong Kong)

C

croagunk.master

bigpaws said:
agreed
that would be foolish
i think they have to warn you on this stuff

Yeah, like when you update your wii, they say that wii's with illegal modifications could be bricked or something along those lines.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
croagunk.master said:
DeMoN said:
Damn, I didn't realize that Nintendo might have put an bricking feature for anti-piracy. No wonder no one's trying out their flash carts, it would suck to be the first guy to lose a $300 console like that.

They haven't put any bricking feature. I'm sure because it's illegal to do so.
Wasting your fingers on these people.
They just won't listen to reason.
They'll just keep saying it and saying it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just worried about this, that's all:
2ag9pv5.jpg

And if you're so confident that there won't be bricking, then order a 3DS overseas and try it for yourself since no one else is willing to do so.

QUOTE said:
squall23 said:
^
You could you know, brick the console and then take it back to the store and ask for a replacement if it's under a warranty. All you have to say is something like "my 3DS won't turn on".
True, except that this 3DS wasn't bought in a store, so I have no clue what the owner could do if it bricks. Plus you'd have to wait in line again, and there might not even be a replacement available for you.

asiekierka

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DeMoN said:
2ag9pv5.jpg

I just think they don't want to have to fix 3DSes broken by homebrew.

The Wii could also be bricked (by changing regions and messing up IOSes), but only if you mess with system data.

The 3DS most likely has no way of detecting if a DS/DSi flashcart is homebrewn while running (no multitasking in there, right
tongue.gif
)

Why didn't the DS block GBA flashcarts? Why didn't the DSi brick on inserting a DS-mode flashcart?

The answer is simple: They don't want to fix the system data messed up by homebrew. And they you can only mess it up if you run in 3DS mode and if you run some kind of evil evil hack (like the "brick virus" .nds file).

That's my idea anyway

EDIT: About the removal of unauthorised software, see what Nintendo did to the Twilight Hack (removed the savefiles used for it when detected). Did they brick a Wii for it? No.

[/end-of-rant]

I'll have my 3DS in May, unless there's no hope for it being hacked (i only buy consoles for homebrew).

C

croagunk.master

DeMoN said:
2ag9pv5.jpg

And if you're so confident that there won't be bricking, then order a 3DS overseas and try it for yourself since no one else is willing to do so.

Okay now that's kinda scary but I'm still firm on my belief that it won't brick.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i havent heard anyone say they didnt want to

3ds:
"Any unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your nintendo 3ds or the use of an unauthorized device with your system may render your system permanently unplayable and result in removal of unauthorized content."
dsi:
"Using an unauthorized device with the Nintendo DSi System or making unauthorized technical modifications to your
Nintendo DSi System voids your warranty and may be illegal. Nintendo may make technical changes to the Nintendo DSi
System, software and/or Nintendo DSi Service to disable the modification"

i can see how that might scare people but worst case, return it saying it didnt work

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Damn, I didn't realize that Nintendo might have put an bricking feature for anti-piracy. No wonder no one's trying out their flash carts, it would suck to be the first guy to lose a $300 console like that.
DeMoN said:
2ag9pv5.jpg

And if you're so confident that there won't be bricking, then order a 3DS overseas and try it for yourself since no one else is willing to do so. Except now you're just acting like a retard.
Nintendo is not going to deliberately damage their own product just to prevent piracy, otherwise they would be liable for such damage. If anything, it's a Terms of Service trip, where any online services will be denied to your unit if you show any hint of what they deem 'illegal' or 'undesired' activity.

Any unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS or the use of an unauthorized device with your system may render your system permanently unplayable and result in removal of unauthorized content.
Blanket statement for any shenanigans which will most likely happen. Don't forget that the 3DS is ideally like having a Wii in your pocket, and is just as sensitive.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
trance said:
QUOTE said:
Any unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS or the use of an unauthorized device with your system may render your system permanently unplayable and result in removal of unauthorized content.
Blanket statement for any shenanigans which will most likely happen. Don't forget that the 3DS is ideally like having a Wii in your pocket, and is just as sensitive.
this^
no company is stupid enough to have self-destruction as a feature of their product (except ironkey
tongue.gif
)
who's to say a copy of danny phantom with dust on the contacts won't have a read error and brick poor johnny's shiny 3ds?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mercluke said:
no company is stupid enough to have self-destruction as a feature of their product (except ironkey
tongue.gif
)
who's to say a copy of danny phantom with dust on the contacts won't have a read error and brick poor johnny's shiny 3ds?
motorola with their android phones?
though those can be fixed by doing a full(100%) system restore.

anyway, the message is unrelated to what nintendo will do to combat piracy.
it's just a warning so people know what unofficial hard/software can do to a (3)DS
good examples that would be covered by this message if it was on a DS/DSl box: DSbrickers, flashme's gone wrong, fuses blown by cheap hardware in some flashcarts.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, now we know for sure, and I don't think a magic flashcart firmware update will come and fix it, I think it will be like with the DSi
some company will crack it and sell a flashcart which make it possible to play regular DS games.
I'm not expecting a flashcart to play 3DS games anytime soon.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigpaws said:
that sucks
well we can presume the rest wont work then
except ievo
we dont know for that
but just a question, do they show up and if they do, what happens

Honestly, do you think Nintendo is that stupid ?- what do you expect ?
tongue.gif

ievo would be interesting though, also yeah if you can make out the Japanese, what error code (if any) do you get ?

my guess is that it simply doesn't show.

C

croagunk.master

ManFranceGermany said:
I tested SCDS2, ONE and and R4i (came in a red pack). They didn't even boot up.

Nothing bricked that far!

Did the 3DS show their icons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc