3DS region question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kallek, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011

3DS region question by kallek at 1:34 PM (1,182 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. kallek
    OP

Newcomer kallek Member

United States
    Is there any information from Nintendo regarding region locked games. i have tried to find what regions there are and what games are locked. Somewhere I read that not all games are locked. Is there a list of which games are region locked? Is europe and australia the same region?

2. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    All current games are region locked and (I'm 99% sure) the region lock isn't optional. The regions are Japan, North America and Europe & Australia (they are the same, yes), if I'm not mistaken. The official site only mentions that games which were bought in another region, won't run on the system.

3. kallek
    OP

Newcomer kallek Member

United States
    How about Thailand? I might go there this fall and they have PAL TV system just like Europe and Australia. Does that mean that they belong to the same region?

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    TV regions =/= 3DS regions.

5. kallek
    OP

Newcomer kallek Member

United States
    So how do you know what region a country belongs to if it isn't Japan, North America or Europe & Australia. There should be a list or a map or something.

6. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    It's mentioned on the back of the game box. I guess there's no other way to know. Singapore has US games, though, IIRC (read it somewhere here on GBAtemp but can't remember where).