Gaming 3DS Region Lock: Here's the Map

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For most parts yes, but I think nintendo video is IP locked, so if you try to watch video from an unsupported country it wont work.
But for the rest yes it should work, but don't even try to mention to Nintendo that you have any problem with those service, if they discover you use their service in an unsupported country they have the right to ban you (someone from here actually made a thread about that).
Thanks for answering. :)

But wtf does it matter to Nintendo if you're using a 3DS in an unsupported region? As long as you bought it legally and aren't playing pirated games on it, it shouldn't freaking matter to them. I mean, assuming you bought it legally new, you still gave Nintendo the equivalent of $170 USD for pete's sake!

I'd imagine it's about quality of service. For example, if you're trying to play online games from an unsupported area you're going to suffer latency issues which can be the cause of, say, karts jumping around all over the place in Mario Kart, or starting a face then dropping out after half a lap.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not expecting it. Though on a similar note, I think Nintendo decided to kill the iQue DS region check with 3DS. My supercard dstwo test with iQue roms supports that theory.
It might happen eventually. Didn't China not get their N64 equivalent (whatever it was called) until after the GameCube came out in the rest of the world?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill