Hardware 3DS Permanent Charge Mod (Do not need battery)

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Title is clear I hope. Is there a mod for using 3ds without battery, permanent charge? My 3ds' battery died and I dont want to buy new battery at this pandemic (also my country's taxes is too much when you try to buy from another regions)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could connect a power source with a voltage in the 3DS battery's voltage range (something between 3.6V-4.2V should work fine) directly to the battery contacts inside the 3DS. Be careful when doing it to not short circuit anything and not burn any fuses inside the 3DS.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
You could connect a power source with a voltage in the 3DS battery's voltage range (something between 3.6V-4.2V should work fine) directly to the battery contacts inside the 3DS. Be careful when doing it to not short circuit anything and not burn any fuses inside the 3DS.
The thing is, I actually tried this: https://www.instructables.com/id/Power-an-Android-Phone-Without-Battery/
but I couldnt achieve. I only get orange charging led on 3ds, and it lights off after 2 seconds. But I couldnt get the correct voltage, maybe i did IDK I just use a wall charger, its like 5v I think.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The thing is, I actually tried this: https://www.instructables.com/id/Power-an-Android-Phone-Without-Battery/
but I couldnt achieve. I only get orange charging led on 3ds, and it lights off after 2 seconds. But I couldnt get the correct voltage, maybe i did IDK I just use a wall charger, its like 5v I think.
That sounds like you connected the power to the charging port or something that goes to the charging circuits. I'd make sure to use some power supply with a correct voltage, a real battery would never be 5V so you might burn something or shorten the lifespan of your 3DS if you put 5V to the battery contacts.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
That sounds like you connected the power to the charging port or something that goes to the charging circuits. I'd make sure to use some power supply with a correct voltage, a real battery would never be 5V so you might burn something or shorten the lifespan of your 3DS if you put 5V to the battery contacts.
Yeah, probably the voltages values didnt match. How can I set the voltages on usb? Wall charger or pc or whatever.. Do you have any info?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if your battery is dead, wont the 3DS work if you leave the battery in and just plug the 3DS charger in anytime that you play?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Even if your battery is dead, wont the 3DS work if you leave the battery in and just plug the 3DS charger in anytime that you play?
my battery swallowed and I chop of the pin circuit part, the cells dead, gone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't just set the voltage like that, you would need to get some voltage regulator/converter or a power supply that outputs the exact voltage you need.
Could you suggest something? asking too much sry

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
my battery swallowed and I chop of the pin circuit part, the cells dead, gone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you suggest something? asking too much sry
Maybe search for a buck converter module on internet shopping platforms (be sure to get one that can output enough power for the 3DS), it can take 5V as an input and then you could adjust it to have the correct lower voltage on the output. You should have a basic understanding of electronics and you'll need some tools if you're going to do this.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That no battery mod can be done, but it's not something like directly connecting the AC charger to the battery terminals.

There's retrofitting a Li-ion battery from another electronic device.

Personally, I would bite the bullet and buy a compatible 3DS battery. Do you have any friends or relatives who live another country in Europe or North America? If you do, the next time your mee-maw and mother send each other Turkish exclusive teas, spices, and whatnot, pay them forward to buy the 3DS battery and ship it in the family care package. Check my signature for battery options.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
That no battery mod can be done, but it's not something like directly connecting the AC charger to the battery terminals.

There's retrofitting a Li-ion battery from another electronic device.

Personally, I would bite the bullet and buy a compatible 3DS battery. Do you have any friends or relatives who live another country in Europe or North America? If you do, the next time your mee-maw and mother send each other Turkish exclusive teas, spices, and whatnot, pay them forward to buy the 3DS battery and ship it in the family care package. Check my signature for battery options.
Actually you may be right, my cousin is in USA now, but when he will return I dont know. When he returns, I will inform him. But, obviously I will try permanent battery, thx for answer.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger Read that post, seems like I barely can do it and I must buy from different regions, so its still not possible for me. Thanks for clarification.
Here is another person from Turkey that was looking to buy a replacement battery.
If yours an o3DS or o2DS, you'll need instead the CTR-003 battery.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Here is another person from Turkey that was looking to buy a replacement battery.
If yours an o3DS or o2DS, you'll need instead the CTR-003 battery.
Whoa, thanks.I didnt expect that much search and info^_^.But sadly I'm low on budget. That 15 EUR will be bigger than 133 TRY. Import taxes are so much. Fu*k my country:whip:. Seriously, I'm learing German and will go to Germany.
Anyway, thanks for everthing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?