Hacking 3DS or Wii U? You decide I can't...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zero72463
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,475
  • Replies Replies 24

3DS or Wii U???

  • 3DS

    Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Wii U

    Votes: 22 55.0%

  • Total voters
    40
  • Poll closed .

Zero72463

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2016
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
764
Trophies
0
XP
1,496
Country
United States
So I have only one 128gb SDXC and idk whether to use it on my 3DS or Wii U. Later on I will buy another 128gb SD for the opposing console that lost. I am super bad at making decisions because the 3DS has fun games, but so does the Wii U and I got my Wii U 2 years ago and barely touched it. In 30 minutes whichever poll has the most votes I will go for. Please choose honestly. Thanks! Also try giving me a reason to back up your vote it might help me decide better. BTW I am using this for backups and hacks just to let you know.
 
Last edited by Zero72463,
Wii U. You'll want the extra space, it has great exclusives, and there are some awesome things that are about to go wild in the homebrew scene

Noted...
Honestly everyone gave up on the Wii U. "...Things that are about to go wild in the homebrew scene" is very vague because people thought this for the entire year. I expect it will eventually come out, but at that point I will be able to use an HDD so there won't be any point. I will still consider this an option though.

Wii U doesn't even support SD cards

Idk if you are trolling, but that isn't true. XD
 
Well, why not use both on the same sd card. It could be possible! Just get few games on sd and few on wiiu I am sure you will fit all this! I dont own a 3ds but with the huge library i would go with it. If you feel patient just stock on pc both games and transfert the games during night depending on your feeling the next day!
I plan to get an 3ds :)
WiiU give a try for Color splash :P

Edit: Vwii and VC are good too!
 
Well, why not use both on the same sd card. It could be possible! Just get few games on sd and few on wiiu I am sure you will fit all this! I dont own a 3ds but with the huge library i would go with it. If you feel patient just stock on pc both games and transfert the games during night depending on your feeling the next day!
I plan to get an 3ds :)
WiiU give a try for Color splash :P

Wow never thought of that. The most usage of my SD card for 3DS was about 50gb of games. The other 70gb or so can be used for Wii U games as well. Sure its an inconvenience switching cards, but it works. I am heavily gonna keep this in mind. :)
 
Noted...
Honestly everyone gave up on the Wii U. "...Things that are about to go wild in the homebrew scene" is very vague because people thought this for the entire year. I expect it will eventually come out, but at that point I will be able to use an HDD so there won't be any point. I will still consider this an option though.
I say that because of both IOSU and the fact that the subforums have been reorganized in a way that favors homebrew devs
 
DECISION MADE

An admin or mod can close this thread please. I am going with 3DS mainly. Although when I feel the need to play Wii U I can put my SD Card into that and play using that. Thank you all for your opinions cause it really helped me in my final decision. In the end they both kinda win (Mostly 3DS though). Thanks again!
 
Honestly I'd use that SD card on the Wii U. The 3DS only has a 300 title limit so chances are if you love installing loads and loads of stuff, you'll end up with some wasted space because of this limit. Loadiine doesn't have any of these sorts of limits I think, correct me if I'm wrong.
 
You missed that opportunity in the vote to "or both" I vote for both. They complement each other.
 
why not both? i mean how many games are we talking here? cus all the 3ds titles I own and dumped to my SD were only like 30+GB and the few that I added only brought that up to 48GB well over 15 games. and on my wii u 7 games are a total of 52GB so why not just use for both and then once you get your new card dedicate them?
 
I'm hoping the Wii U scene will find a way at some point to be able to play Wii U games off our USB drives, I'd have to think that eventually it will happen. As such I say go 3DS, SD cards will always only be the way to ever play backups on that device.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
3DS: I've had a little bit of fun in a long time span.
Wii U: I've had a lot of fun in a little time span.

Pretty much, I have fun with the 3DS longer, but I don't have a lot of fun.
I have a lot fun with the Wii U, but for a less amount of time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Grow a pair and decide for yourself. None of us that vote will be playing the games only you will you should be able to review the lineups for both consoles and decide which one you want most. Making decisions is a part of life.
 
Wii U is as dead AF. Think Dreamcast dead.
I own it and love it but, boy it is completely forgotten console.

I must say though, same as @Supster131
I had much more fun on WiiU than 3ds
 
There's too many exclusives that I love that I can only get on either system. Wii U 1st then 3ds imho
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted