3DS Not Turning On

TeraTrillions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, my 3DS is not turning on!
I have a 2DS XL with CFW installed, and since yesterday, multiple errors have happened including the following:

1. The system shows an error when I press the power button, saying something about being unable to mount the CTRNAND.

2. The system boots up, but freezes and/or crashes a few moments later.

3. The system shows the blue power
light and a red light near the camera (Pink when the SD is not inserted) and immediately powers off after 1 second . (Displayed by image below)
IMG_0541.jpeg

Please note that my system has quite a bit of wear and tear on it as I have used it extensively since I bought it back in 2017.

I’ve seen stuff about a loose speaker ribbon but I don’t think that’s the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have boot.firm on the root of the SD, and do you have GodMode9.firm in the luma/payloads folder? If so, I would like you to perform a CTRTransfer.
If not, put those files there first!

Also, can you send a photo of both screens for the second error you encountered?

Last edited by zeldaxlink64,

TeraTrillions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have boot.firm on the root of the SD, and do you have GodMode9.firm in the luma/payloads folder? If so, I would like you to perform a CTRTransfer.
If not, put those files there first!

Also, can you send a photo of both screens for the second error you encountered?
I have replaced the boot.firm in the sd card since the errors started happening, and GodMode9.firm is definitely in the payloads folder. I checked the SD Card with h2testw, and the test showed no errors. Unfortunately I can’t get a picture of the 2nd error, it hasn’t shown in a while. How would I go about performing a CTRTransfer?

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have replaced the boot.firm in the sd card since the errors started happening, and GodMode9.firm is definitely in the payloads folder. I checked the SD Card with h2testw, and the test showed no errors. Unfortunately I can’t get a picture of the 2nd error, it hasn’t shown in a while. How would I go about performing a CTRTransfer?
This is not a good sign... after some thought, I've been thinking that this might be a serious hardware issue with the RAM instead of just a software issue.

Most likely, this cannot be easily fixed, and the only option would be to replace the motherboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-